Director, Value & Access Strategy- Oncology
Director, Value & Access Strategy- Oncology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Every day, we to transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
Making an impact on a global scale
For over 30 years, Gilead has been a leading innovator in treating and preventing HIV, but this expertise is just a foundation for our ambitions. As we continue to expand our scope into new disease states and new markets, we are investing in our global commercial capabilities. In this role, you will develop and implement global market access strategies and value propositions for oncology assets that maximize product potential and patient access for all markets.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Value and Access, Oncology, this role will:
- Lead the development of global Value and Access (V&A) strategy and plans for Gilead products/indications, aligned with overall product strategy, to maximize product value and ensure optimal access
- Partner closely with Global Commercial Product Strategy (GCPS) Indication Lead to ensure alignment with global brand strategy
- Conduct payer and competitive research to understand value perception, landscape, evolving trends, value drivers and test value messages.
- Define evidence needs to support price/access across priority markets, develop integrated evidence generation strategies and plans, and build evidence, materials and negotiation support needed for successful launch
- Develop value optimizing pricing strategies and global pricing policies, set global pricing goals and principles, and oversee implementation of pricing activities consistent with strategy
- Build V&A stakeholder engagement priorities and plans across key markets, consistent engagement timelines and messaging, provide global interaction objectives and tools to support communication with external stakeholders and monitor stakeholder engagement activities
- Participate and own V&A input in a cross-functional, cross-geography indication leadership team to co-develop indication strategy
- Partner closely with R&D, Medical Affairs, global and local commercial counterparts to ensure V&A input are incorporated into clinical development, medical affairs and commercial strategies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to incorporate access considerations into market assessment, product positioning, target product profiles and clinical development strategy
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We're seeking a strategic, influential leader with:
- At least 12 years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry in market access related activities. Experience in regional/country market access desirable
- Deep oncology specific experience and market knowledge
- Strong understanding of global payer environment, including coverage and reimbursement, pricing and contracting, formulary management, HTA and payment policy
- Strong understanding of strategic pricing, contracting, negotiation and global pricing policy development
- Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical product lifecycle and clinical development
- Experience with early-stage assets, including conducting commercialization assessments and providing V&A guidance into target product profiles and development plans
- Experience developing global V&A strategies, including developing global value messages, integrated evidence planning and creating tools to support implementation in key markets
- Experience with market access launch planning and execution
- Demonstrated ability to lead a globally-dispersed, cross-functional team in a matrix environment
- Proven ability to lead and influence across functions and levels as well as lead cross-functional teams; skilled facilitator, negotiator and counselor
- B.A. or B.S. required, MBA and/or advanced degree in life sciences or medical degree preferred
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Value---Access-Strategy--Oncology_R0019521-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency