Manufacturing Engineer III (Packaging)
Manufacturing Engineer III (Packaging)
Ireland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The role is required to execute Engineering packaging continuous improvement small projects related to daily operations. Partner with the Packaging operations team to deliver & support day to day operations within GSIUC packaging operations including developing as the Engineering OEE SME. Support the NPI activity and increased complexity of packaging operations with new equipment & technologies.
- Partner with a team of Engineering and maintenance personnel which shall include external contractors.
- Support the compliance activities of the Engineering team in Packaging.
- Support introduction and integration of new technologies (e.g. Aggregation, Blister & device packaging) and\or new processes, as needed & support delivery of the business goals.
- Partners with the Engineering team on the specification, installation, utilization, qualification, and improvement of equipment used for solid dose and vial products.
- Frequently interacts with cross functional groups. Interactions normally involve equipment related matters, implementation of projects and leveraging cross function support to implement efficiency programs.
- Support implementation and development of Engineering policies, procedures, techniques, standards, and systems.
- Prepares project plans and manages small sized projects to successful and timely completion. Support the team and functional areas to anticipate, identify and resolve complex Engineering/Technology issues in compliance with codes.
- Supports the Continuous Improvement process by passionately seeking ways to improve Engineering processes and packaging equipment performance. E.g. OEE
- Provides guidance to resolve day-to-day Engineering issues and advice regarding compliance queries.
- Works on problems where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, establishment of root cause & implementation of corrective actions to meet business targets on equipment.
Knowledge & Skills
- The ideal candidate will possess proven Packaging technology experience
- Demonstrates knowledge of pharmaceutical packaging, process manufacturing, OEE, MTBF, and root cause failure analysis.
- Effectively participates in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards along with knowledge of industry practices.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, strong analytical skills and problem-solving capability.
- Ability to develop solutions to a wide range of moderately complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Demonstrates extensive understanding and application of process engineering principles, concepts, and practices, and standards.
- Demonstrates proficiency in current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety regulations.
- Relevant years of experience and a BS or BA or related fields.
- Has previous experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry.
- Has previous experience in engineering in highly regulated manufacturing environments
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Cork/Manufacturing-Engineer-III--Packaging-_R0019542
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency