Biomedical Engineer, Level II/III
- You are experienced in software development for neuronal and/or cardiac signal analysis and developing algorithms, software, and interfaces.
- You are conscientious and pay almost obsessive attention to detail, as organized documentation is second nature.
- You are curious, love learning and are eager to take on hard problems. No task is too big or too small.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy pushing the edge of what is possible.
- You are resourceful, flexible, and adaptable to changing challenges and opportunities.
- You like to work independently, but enjoy team interaction, sharing expertise and experience.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and solving problems.
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member, who is excited to work with and learn from other engineers, biologists, chemists, modelers and experimentalists. You are comfortable communicating across teams.
- You deliver. You know that what matters is delivering a solution that works every time.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to software/hardware development for biological interfaces, from real-time high content small signal instrumentation and custom image/video systems.
- Identify, support, and/or lead implementation of engineering based improvements or upgrades to the equipment or facility systems.
- Take ownership and maintain software and hardware during experiments.
- Work closely with experimentalists in the laboratory to establish needs and develop new techniques.
- Work with scientists to collect and interpret data from proprietary Hesperos’ developed software and hardware for multiple drug discovery efforts.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results.
- Present findings and data analysis in research meetings.
- Provide troubleshooting, including leading and/or supporting technical root cause analysis to reduce production downtime.
- Support new product/technology introductions by performing engineering assessments, implementing equipment modifications, and supporting engineering evaluations.
- Ensure systems are installed and operating safety and comply with pertinent environmental health/safety practice, rules and regulations
- Develop and maintain SOPs
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Doctorate degree in engineering OR Master's degree and 3 years of engineering experience
- Formal education and direct experience in analytical/scientific interface development.
- Proficiency in Python 3, C++, and/or other programming languages
- Experience with time-series and image analysis algorithm development, including application of machine learning and computer vision methods.
- Experience applying engineering principles to the design and implementation of system modifications, introduction of new processes, and execution of capital projects.
- Experience with cell culture, microphysiological systems, neuronal analysis, or brain machine interfaces is a plus.
- Independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in project environments, and skilled in communication, facilitation, and collaboration.
- Team player prepared to work in and embrace a team based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making.
- Work schedule flexibility to support 24/7 operations, requiring occasional after-hours engineering coverage as required from time to time.
- Strong communication, relationship building, leadership and mentoring skills.
Apply for Biomedical Engineer, Level II/III
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly