Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
At Rush University Medical Center, we are committed to advancing scientific medical knowledge through research. At RUMC we are expanding scientific frontiers in human disease to improve diagnosis and treatment. Are you looking to be a part of the exciting, always evolving and expanding new developments in research here at Rush University Medical Center? Are you well experienced in working with a variety of group, single and industry-oriented studies?
If this describes you, you may be the right candidate for the Post-Doctoral Research Fellow position with the Department of Surgery
Incumbent will be expected to design and implement research ideas, projects under limited supervision, utilizing advanced degrees of technical proficiency. Designs, initiates and performs experiments for assigned research projects. Evaluates data and prepares final reports/papers based on experimental results. The fellow will be encouraged to suggest independent research. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
- Plans and directs research project in the fields of molecular oncology and therapy
- Identifies an original research project, experiments, and potential research directions related to research activities; collects, evaluates, interprets and provides documentation of research data to accomplish research objectives.
- Provides own data collection, preparation of manuscripts and grant applications, and research papers for presentation and/or publications.
- Ensures compliance with governmental and University policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Performs other job-related assignments as assigned
- May also be required to supervise research employees and/or nonexempt staff.
Required Position Qualifications:
- Prior training and experience in molecular biology, oncology, animal biotechnology, or structural biology
- Earned, prior to hiring, PhD or MD in the biological sciences or related field
- Experience with human tissue culture, molecular biology techniques such as transfection, plasmid isolation, plasmid manipulation, CRISPER technique, electrophoresis, SPR, ITC, genomic data analysis, small animal handling & experimentation (tumor implants, treatments)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven record of publications in peer-reviewed international journals (with impact factor)
- Ability to successfully interact with a diverse team, including staff and scientists across domains
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, efficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to organize and perform work on several concurrent research projects.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Strong communication, data analysis, computer and organizational skills.
Please apply to Dr. M. Saleem Bhat Mohammad_Saleem_Bhat@rush.edu.
- Rush was recently ranked among the top 20 hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- The Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs (AAHRPP) has awarded Rush full accreditation for several years. Rush is one of the first academic medical centers in Illinois to receive this accreditation.
- As an academic medical center, Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, is committed to advancing medical knowledge through research. Investigators at Rush are involved in more than 1,600 projects, including hundreds of clinical studies to test the effectiveness and safety of new therapies and medical devices, as well as to expand scientific and medical knowledge.
- Rush University is home to one of the first medical colleges in the Midwest and one of the nation's top-ranked nursing colleges, as well as graduate programs in allied health, health systems management and biomedical research.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply for Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly