Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
An opening is available for an NMR Scientist in the Structure Elucidation Group, Pharmaceutical Sciences Small Molecule Division of Pfizer Worldwide Research and Development in Groton, CT.
The Pharmaceutical Sciences Small Molecule Structure Elucidation Group supports all areas of drug development. It is responsible for the characterization of drug candidates, formulations, excipients, degradation products and impurities via NMR. The group interacts with technology and project groups throughout Pfizer. In addition to extensive research NMR capabilities, our group also supports a small open access NMR facility. The position will be heavily focused on all aspects of the structure elucidation and characterization of small organic molecules.How You Will Achieve It
- Elucidate structures and solve scientific questions for small molecules of pharmaceutical interest using multidimensional liquids NMR.
- Collaborate within a team of disparate scientific disciplines as a functional member (e.g., working closely with mass spectrometrists, NMR spectroscopists, purification scientists, organic chemists, etc.).
- The individual will be expected to provide strong technical and strategic input to ensure efficient and timely execution of deliverables.
- Write technical documents.
- Communicate routinely with chemists within Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Sciences as well as other divisions throughout Pfizer globally.
- Provide open access NMR support for over 100 chemists and engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of NMR experience required
- Demonstrated experience with both analytical laboratory data as well as process relevant data are a requirement to be successful in this position
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Master's degree or PhD with expertise in small molecule NMR with 0-5 years of experience
- A strong understanding of the theory and application of NMR spectroscopy
- Knowledge of Bruker or Varian NMR systems
- Experience or working knowledge in synthetic, analytical, and computational chemistry
- Proficient communication skills and a demonstrated ability to carry out independent research are required
- S trong interest and motivation to learn new technologies and concepts is expected
- Experience with NMR processing software (Topspin, Mnova, ACD)
Ability to work in a team environment in a laboratory environment performing experiments. Ability to perform data analysis, record results in electronic lab notebooks and effectively communicate in a team environment. Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development