The Director, Worldwide Research, Development and Medical Operations (WRDM) and mRNA Scientific Planning will work as part of a talented team of R&D business and operations professionals. This team is responsible for leading key strategic projects within Pfizer's WRDM organization and is responsible for developing Pfizer's strategy to establish leadership in the application of mRNA technology for novel medicines. As part of this team, you will work directly with senior leaders, including the President of WRDM, to develop a roadmap for the organization and drive change. The successful candidate will have a strong scientific background, track record of successful project management and extensive experience driving strategic priorities focused on biomedical innovation. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive select scientific and strategic planning initiatives within WRDM and liaise with corporate Strategy & Consulting team.
- Maximize the effectiveness of the President of WRDM on key internal and external deliverables.
- Play key role in identifying opportunities across emerging biological pathways, modalities and technologies.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to expand mRNA technology for the development of innovative medicines across Pfizer's portfolio.
- Develop roadmap for success in mRNA and track progress with key performance metrics.
- Translate scientific and business insights into actionable plans and lead operational initiatives to advance these priorities.
- Partner with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful execution of priority initiatives.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Robust knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry, science & technology trends, and business environment (3-7 years' experience at a biopharma company, top-tier management consulting firm, or equity research firm).
- Expert in strategic planning and change management leadership (3+ years' experience from top-tier management consulting firm or in-house strategy team at biopharma company).
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, analyze, and communicate complex information to senior stakeholders.
- Track record of individual contribution as well as the ability to lead cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to critically evaluate portfolio growth opportunities and proactively solve problems.
Other Job Details:
- Advanced scientific degree (PhD, MD etc.).
- Familiarity with the Pfizer organization, particularly R&D/Business Units/Corporate Strategy.
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
- Eligible for Relocation Package
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development