Senior Medical Manager (m/f/d) HIV
Senior Medical Manager (m/f/d) HIV
Germany - Munich
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For more information please visit Gilead.com
Senior Medical Manager (m/f/d) HIV
We have an exciting opportunity for a Medical Manager to join our German Medical Affairs Team. The Medical Manager will act as medical resources internally and externally primarily to support the scientific communication, medical education, data generation and insight generation on the HIV product portfolio and landscape in Germany. Utilizing a high level of business acumen, the Medical Manager will analyze and coordinate activities from identified industry trends, competitor's resources and practices and will establish working relationships with key opinion leaders locally and nationally.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Supports the HIV TA Lead in the strategic development of the Medical Affairs Plan and Medical Affairs Deliverables
- Implements defined goals and objectives aligned with the Medical Affairs Plan and other strategic initiatives while obtaining budget oversight as project owner
- Establishes strong working relationships with key opinion leaders locally and internationally, including academic societies based on local KOL plan
- Responds to clinical and scientific inquiries regarding marketed or developmental Gilead products and also answers and coordinates complex responses to clinical inquiries or disclosures to customers
- Represents Gilead at medical meetings, conferences, advisory boards, outreach meetings at key institutions, and in interactions with key opinion leaders.
- Presents scientific and clinical data for these products utilizing scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of different settings
- Assembles and manages national KOL advisory groups for therapeutic area
- Supports the development of high quality educational programs for local HCPs in the therapeutic area
- Participates in relevant national and international TA conferences, meetings, symposia and educational programs, such as speaker training sessions and clinical conferences
- Supports the development of local clinical data through GS-sponsored clinical trials and non-Gilead sponsored trials
- Assists with site selection in conjunction with Clinical Operations, if applicable
- Serves as a medical resource to Gilead's Therapeutic Sales Specialists
- Collaborates with colleagues across other functional areas, including Commercial, Clinical Research, , Government Affairs, Market Access, Public Affairs, Regulatory and Sales
- Establishes strong working relationship with EMEA and Global Medical Affairs Team
- Builds knowledge around Gilead's emerging products/indications in HIV to support x-functional early stage launch preparations
- Supports the development, deployment, and appropriate use of field tools and resources (e.g. slide decks)
- Completes required administrative and training procedures in a timely fashion (e.g. expense reports, documentation of interactions)
- Adheres to all applicable pharmaceutical codes, and Gilead policies
- Exhibits Gilead's core values: integrity, teamwork, accountability, inclusion and excellence
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Advanced medical/scientific degree (e.g. MD or equivalent degree, PhD, PharmD ) with experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related healthcare field
- Understanding of Medical Affairs role and process
- Clinical or pharmaceutical experience in HIV and/or virology is desirable
- Experience in a medically related endeavor, with knowledge of the clinical research process, treatment landscape, and professional society treatment guidelines
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and relationship building skills required. Fluency in English and in the country of work language(s) are essential
- Must be able to analyze complex data and put together effective concise reports while meeting all deadlines
- Good analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems, and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to senior management, marketing and sales
- Must be team oriented and work in several teams that may overlap such as global medical team, local affiliate teams
- A proven ability to utilize complex scientific resources for presentations in a variety of different settings is required
- Must be fully cognizant of all relevant complex scientific data and regulatory requirements for field-based personnel
- Ability to build and develop networks and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, including medical thought-leaders, academic and non-academic institutions, governmental agencies, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the management of multiple priorities and resources
- Strong business skills/acumen; translation of scientific expertise and knowledge to achieve the identified business goals of the company
- Ability to travel, occasionally with short notice
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Germany---Munich/Senior-Medical-Manager--m-f-d--HIV_R0020832-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency