Senior Manager, Project Management
Senior Manager, Project Management
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Corporate Operations Project Management Office team is hiring a Senior Manager of Project Planning and Management to further advance Gilead's project leadership capability across the enterprise. The Program Management Office team is part of the Corporate Operations and serves as a center of excellence for cross-functional project management within the Organization.
This role will report to the Senior Director, Program Management. It will support and partner with Gilead business partners globally in the identification and assessment of complex projects that require project management assistance. This role will support and drive strategic initiatives to their successful completion utilizing best-in-class project management disciplines and standards. This role will also partner with the rest of the PMO leaders to help further deliver value and impact through operational excellence initiatives across Gilead.
The ideal candidate should have strong experience in project and program management techniques and methodologies. In addition, we are looking for someone that has a passion for driving changes and making an impact.
- Support global programs as a project manager and participate in projects of diverse complexity and scope
- Support business lead and overall program manager for larger programs to develop a project plan and capture budgetary needs to roll up to the overall project plan
- Drive and manage small/medium projects related to certain countries, regions, or functions
- Use the best-in-class project management technology to develop and manage the project plan
- Participate in project intake, feasibility study, project prioritization as needed
- Define operating cadence to ensure a smooth project management rhythm
- Manage project financials to ensure project completion within the approved budget and the realization of project value
- Manage project risks and deploy a plan to mitigate and resolve risks
- Contribute to planning for communications on project value to a broader community
- Build networks in and outside CFO/Corp Ops, connecting effectively with key stakeholders
- Conduct standard post-mortem review meetings and apply findings to further enhance the quality and effectiveness of the project management capability
Experience/Education & Skills
- 7+ years of project management experience leading and supporting strategic projects
- BA or BS degree in Business or related fields
- PMP or equivalent certification desired
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies
- Strong knowledge of project management tools (e.g., Smartsheet), PowerPoint, and collaboration tools
- Strong experience in facilitating workshops involving cross-functional teams and deliverable development
- Solid experience in providing operational updates to senior management
- Strong track record of supporting key corporate or cross-functional strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to gain clarity to the priority of business requirements, benefits, and correlation to investment needs
- Budgeting and forecasting experience with solid analytical skills
- Awareness of Change Management Framework and successful use-cases
- Strong verbal, written communication, and storytelling skills
- Ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels effectively, including executives with differing priorities
- Exercise independent judgment within defined practices to identify solutions
- Gilead business knowledge and organization insight desired
Behaviors and Capabilities
- Demonstrate Gilead's core values
- Influence - the ability to collaborate with colleagues and ensure they understand the vision, mission, and execution to support the business objective. Work well with peers and stakeholders and ability to influence without authority
- Strong teamwork and facilitation - effective at being a member of teams. Listens actively and responds constructively to the needs and views of others.
- Delivery - gets the job done. Exhibits a sense of urgency on critical time-dependent issues
- Resilient during change and ambiguity
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and is persistent to achieve the business objectives
- Positive attitude and a customer-centric approach
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Manager--Project-Management_R0019831-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency