Business Unit Head Oncology Brazil
Business Unit Head Oncology Brazil
Brazil - Sao Paulo
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead has declared Hematology-Oncology as one of the key therapeutic areas for future growth. Gilead is growing its pipeline in immune-oncology through internal research, partnerships and acquisitions.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to participate in the future growth of Gilead Oncology Brazil and to lead the initial efforts to advance our breast cancer expertise and strengthen our role in Immuno-Oncology. The role will be based in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
This role will report into the General Manager for Gilead Brazil. The Business Unit Head will be responsible and accountable for the strategy, planning and implementation of all commercial activities within Brazil, with success' defined by bringing to market products to patients fighting with cancer. The Business Unit Head will manage a team of Marketing and Sales professionals and lead a cross functional team to drive operational excellence. The Business Unit Head will be a member of Gilead local leadership team.
- Lead cross-functional team providing vision, motivation, support and coaching to drive the business and achieve our commercial objectives
- Build and execute a highly successful launch of Breast Cancer Treatment product
- Drive development and execution of commercial strategy and action plans for the portfolio
- Lead & ensure well-functioning marketing & sales team
- Drive Operational Excellence in marketing & sales efforts and business/forecast planning
- Develop, implement, and maintain the required infrastructure to meet business goals
- Cooperate with a cross- functional team to prepare the readiness plan for launch
- Establish effective working relationships with opinion leaders and other key stakeholders & be recognised as partner in improving quality of care
- Partner with Medical Affairs to ensure effective development and implementation of strategies
- Partner with Government Affairs and Public Affairs to ensure a positive policy environment
- Support Market Access activities for all impending launches
- Create an environment in which every member of the team has an opportunity to succeed, regardless of their tenure or standing within the organization
- Participate actively in the Brazilian LT and contribute to high performance team to drive business forward in Brazil
- Represent the leadership team of Gilead Brazil internally and externally
- Represent the cross - functional vision in global and regional forums
- Role model Leadership Essentials and support strong Gilead culture and Core Values
Required Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
The successful candidate will be a recognized leader with excellent communication skills. The role requires being comfortable at working in a high-growth environment where influencing and negotiating across an organization are a prerequisite. You will need to demonstrate the ability to manage complexity, ambiguity and paradoxes through thinking outside of the box with a collaborative, constructive and solution-oriented approach.
- Undergraduate degree is required, MBA and/or post graduate preferred or advanced life science degree (MD, Pharm D, PhD)
- Demonstrable commercial leadership experience in the biopharmaceutical industry such as a highly successful Business Unit Lead and a strong sales & marketing leader within the specialty therapeutics area
- Must have experience in oncology specifically in solid tumors/ breast cancer an asset
- Must be a pragmatic individual who enjoys getting involved in the business at all levels and across all disciplines. Broad-based cross-functional experience is important.
- Must have a track record of successful budget management with an understanding of revenue forecasting and expense budget planning and tracking
- Must demonstrate excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Must be good at building new relationships rapidly with KOLs and other stakeholders such as oncology collaborative groups. A strong already established network is preferable.
- Must have the ability to build and drive a business, whilst possessing innate market-making' capabilities with natural self-starter, hands-on, entrepreneurial and innovative attitude.
- Preferably, previous experience in negotiating with key pricing and reimbursement agencies, and involvement in successful access and reimbursement strategies and their execution
- Strong leadership qualities such as having the ability to attract, motive and retain talent and drive a culture of collaboration, engagement and motivation.
- Strong learning agility and willingness to take on increasing responsibility as Gilead Oncology Franchise grows
- Excellent command of written and spoken Portuguese and English
- Ability to provide strategic input at a Global level
- International experience, either working in a Global or Regional role or in the context of above country project teams is desirable
- Openness to travel domestically and some internationally when safe to do so
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Brazil---Sao-Paulo/Business-Unit-Head-Oncology-Brazil_R0019509-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency