Manufacturing Tech I
Manufacturing Tech I
United States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Manufacturing Tech I
- Key participant in the day-to-day manufacturing operations including clinical and commercial manufacturing.
- Works on basic to routine assignments following established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Master Batch Records and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Performs moderately complex tasks associated with aseptic processing, dispensing, chromatography and ultrafiltration/diafiltration.
- Prepares manufacturing equipment such as packing of chromatography columns.
- Proactively reports any issues that need to be resolved.
- Performs troubleshooting as required.
- Organize workplace to maximize the throughput and minimize risks of errors.
- Cleans (manually and clean-in-place) and assembles equipment for production.
- Performs annealing and sterile filtrations of products.
- Preparation of media, supplements, and/or buffers, where applicable.
- Creates purchase orders for consumables.
- Completes and maintains documentation related to assigned work, including logbooks, batch records, etc.
- Participates in investigations of process deviations by conducting data gathering, trending and data presentation as required.
- Draft deviations, CAPAs, and/or change controls, where requested.
- Review completed manufacturing records for accuracy.
- Participate in process optimizations and scale up, as needed.
- Writes and revies manufacturing documents and procedures such as MBRs and SOPS.
- Performs MBR Manufacturing batch report updates.
- SHIFT: Monday - Friday (7AM-3PM)
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Master Batch Record
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office applications and administrative policies.
- Ability to follow direction and work under minimal supervision
- Demonstrates capability in training others on a manufacturing process (e.g. pH/Conductivity, Scales, Spectrophotometers, Biosafety cabinets, XDUO Mixers, AKTA Process)
- Demonstrates capability in organizing more complex activities in a manufacturing process.
Education & Experience
- A High School Diploma with one (1) year of relevant experience.
- Prior experience in a cGMP related industry.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.yello.co/external/form/24a8oU4jF5UL3CKq7lO_Cg
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---New-Jersey---Morris-Plains/Manufacturing-Tech-III_R0020517
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency