Sr. Manager, IT PMO Process and Methodology
Sr. Manager, IT PMO Process and Methodology
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and
fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide
the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
Gilead Science Inc. has embarked on a multi-year journey to expand its IT Systems Life Cycle (SLC) framework to embrace agile and product centric ways of working. The IT department is now looking for a highly talented, creative, passionate and experienced individual to help drive this journey. Subsequent expectations will be to continue to evolve and improve established SLC processes and practices, while addressing compliance related concerns. The Sr. Manager will reside in the IT Project Management Office (PMO).
The successful candidate will work with a wide spectrum of IT staff, business partners and vendors and will be responsible for:
- Adapting and maturing IT processes related to software quality and system lifecycle models (SLC).
- Applying experience and knowledge of external standards to enhance IT's processes and addresses system development methods.
- Championing and introducing agile ways of working' to complement and extend Gilead's SLC processes.
- Addressing cross-functional impacts across multiple compliance and regulatory concerns.
- Working to continuously improve the SLC by managing the governance process and cross-discipline subject matter experts in measuring, adapting, refining and implementing changes reflecting IT's mission and objectives.
- Assisting IT System related projects teams to navigate the SLC, advising on its appropriate application, based on the nature and risk of specific projects.
- Defining, coordinating and adjudicating the SLC toll-gate process, to ensure adherence and quality of delivery.
- Works with senor management and audit functions to ensure appropriate response to internal audits and appropriate preventive and corrective measures as they relate to IT processes, in particular those reflecting on SLC.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Drives the development, revision and maintenance, of the SLC framework and its associated processes, standards, templates and guidance artifacts
- Maintains and improves the SLC to ensure regulatory compliance where applicable
- Manages the SLC Governance process, meeting on a regular basis with appropriate functional representatives (work-streams) to identify, cross-pollinate and deliver SLC related improvements
- Orchestrates project tollgates and adjudicates on project progression
- Provide help and solicit user community feedback with respect to the SLC. (Includes monitoring, measuring and funneling feedback through SLC governance process and provision of regular drop-in clinics' to assist and gather feedback from the user community).
- Develops and delivers training to the SLC user community
- Coordinates audit responses as they relate to Project Management and SLC related issues
- Works with work streams to deliver audit related improvements that achieve audit compliance
- Provides status updates and arbitrates on progress with the audit function and IT management and staff as appropriate.
- Assists PMO Management with various process improvement initiatives on an as-needed basis.
- Manages and mentors FTE's and contractors for SLC related development and ongoing monitoring activities
Associate\'s Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Bachelor\'s Degree and Eight Years Experience OR Master\'s Degree and Six Years Experience
- 10 years plus experience working with System and Software Life Cycle (SLC) models and methodologies, including agile
- 10 years of managing IT related projects
- Knowledge and experience of agile approaches for project management and development (one or more of: SAFe, Disciplined Agile (DAD), Scrum, Kanban)
- Requires regulatory process knowledge as it impacts IT systems and software development (GxP, SOX, Legal)
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and inspection practices and associated quality standards (e.g. ISO, SOX, GxP) and ability to craft appropriate and compliant audit responses.
- Experience developing and writing procedural documents; standards, templates and guidance
- Ability to interact, inform and influence Senior Management with respect to process implementation
- Awareness and ability to communicate cross-functionally
- Experience managing staff and contactors
- Bonus: Knowledge of Six Sigma, CMM, SPICE or other process improvement frameworks
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Sr-Manager--IT-PMO-Process-and-Methodology_R0020842
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency