Sr Therapeutic Specialist, Oncology, Western Michigan
United States - Michigan - Ann ArborUnited States - Michigan - Grand Rapids
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
In 2020, Gilead completed the acquisition of several companies which are developing innovative treatments in the field of oncology. One of the leading compounds is a novel Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC), which is being investigated for its potential application across various types of cancer, initially metastatic Triple Negative Breast Cancer (mTNBC) where there is a significant unmet medical need. We are seeking an experienced and passionate Sr. Therapeutic Specialist, Oncology - Western Michigan
to join our team!
*Territory will include: Western and Central Michigan cities of Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Jackson, Lansing, Holland, Luddington, Ann Arbor and Toledo, Ohio.Specific responsibilities
- Responsible for representing Oncology products and services to a defined customer base, generating and growing sales and consistently achieving or exceeding sales targets within a specific geographic area
- Prepare business plan for your territory to achieve goals and initiate systems to monitor sales progress and action plans.
- Responsible for identifying patient pathways within the oncology offices in assigned territory and facilitating patient access to treatment.
- Promote assigned products to targeted oncologists and office staff, in-servicing all staff to ensure safe and appropriate drug administration and working with all staff to make them aware of the suite of Gilead patient services
- Establish and develop business relationships with key customers, accounts and relevant key opinion leaders.
- Experience in hospital and large account sales, managing through complex reimbursement issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, solid presentation skills and ability to influence others to represent Gilead at professional events and promote company products
- Partner with Medical Scientists, Marketing and Market Access on various cross-functional projects to drive sales and patient adoption
- Demonstrates leadership among peers by consistent application and modeling of the appropriate compliance, behavior and conduct
- Assist in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities, communicate proactively to Marketing and Sales management.
- Complete necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. updating customer database, expenses, etc.
- Compliance with regulations and code of practice, at all times
- Role may require travel and depending on location and the need for overnight stays.
- High School and Nine Years' Experience
- Associates Degree and Seven Years' Experience
- Bachelor\'s Degree and Five Years' Experience
- Masters\' Degree and Three Years' Experience
- A minimum of 7 years of pharmaceutical/healthcare sales experience and a BS/BA degree or equivalent, preferred.
- Previous product launch experience
- Possess superior selling skills in highly competitive markets
- Prior experience in an oncology therapy.
- Prior experience in the therapeutic field of breast cancer or other cancers where there is significant unmet medical need such as metastatic urothelial carcinoma is strongly preferred
- Aptitude for understanding of scientific product related information.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and build working relationships internally and externally. Specifically, developing strong relationships with Oncology key opinion leaders.
- Proven expertise in influencing as well as strong negotiation skills
- Proven experience in account planning and cross-functional account management approach.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy and independence.
- Familiar with industry trends and remain current with competitors\' resources and practices.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, be able to identify and understand moderate to complex issues and problems and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to management and specialists.
- Strong ability to work in cross-functional teams
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---Michigan---Ann-Arbor/Sr-Therapeutic-Specialist--Oncology--Western-Michigan_R0020642-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency