Sr. Director, Alliance Management
Sr. Director, Alliance Management
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr. Director of Alliance Management
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Alliance Management group is responsible for managing and optimizing the value of Gilead's alliances in drug development and commercialization at all stages of the product life cycle. This role will work on important projects in the exciting areas of oncology, inflammation and virology. This includes strategic in- and out- licenses, clinical collaborations, and commercialization partnerships. This role will be a key contributor in developing and maintaining strategic alliances at Gilead.
Specific Responsibilities and Skills
- Work with partner company to set the direction and scope for implementation of the partnership agreement: key activities, timing and responsibilities on either side.
- Work with Partner Company with guidance from department management to set up cross-company kickoff and review meetings to set or update and communicate overall direction and goals for the partnership
- Participate in governance committees and working group meetings - identify key issues, set meeting agendas, schedule, ensure Gilead team is prepared with their deliverables, pre-meeting prep, etc.
- Regularly communicate with partner alliance management counterpart and other key partner stakeholders as needed, including ad hoc communications/events that require cross-functional communication (e.g., publication review, PR/IR press release, regulatory, etc.)
- Crisis management - address hot topic issues that require immediate attention while working diligently to minimize crisis management situations
- Perform regular alliance audits and health checks
- Conduct regular reviews/meetings with senior management and other functions as appropriate to communicate key issues, milestones, etc. and gather feedback
- Compliance/contract management - liaise with legal, finance, R&D, Commercial and other functions to ensure that key contract milestones, financial transactions, progress reports, etc. are handled appropriately and provide information/updates as needed
- Monitor implementation of and adherence to agreed upon research, development and commercialization plans
- Participate in new partner contract negotiations or amendments as appropriate and provide input into partnership execution terms of the contract, in particular governance structures and processes
- Build expertise about partner company, including company organization/leadership, strategies, financials, priorities, etc.; become Gilead internal expert on partner company
- Participate in alliance management group meetings to review progress and issues and share best practices
- Be responsible for one area of process support (e.g., alliance management processes, tools, communication and infrastructure)
- Contribute to the development of, participation in and leadership of regular training meetings to establish and enhance alliance management capabilities across the company.
- Support, coach and mentor more junior AM team members
Specific Education and Experience Requirements
- PhD, MBA or other advanced degree in Business, Life Sciences, Engineering, Medicine or Law.
- 10 years or more experience in the pharmaceutical or life sciences sector, of which at least 6 are in alliance management.
- Strong leadership and self-direction
- Demonstrated management and leadership in a key function dedicated to drug development & commercialization
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, negotiate, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Excellent strategic thinker
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prioritize and resolve key project and partnership issues
- Demonstrated attention to detail and excellence in project management and effectively manage multiple projects/priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work with and coordinate demands from multiple customers, both internally and with partners
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a matrix team
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge and experience in oncology, virology and immunology
- Experience managing relationships with European and/or Asian partners
- Fluency or proficiency in at least one other language
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and licensing terms
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Director--Alliance-Management_R0019438-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency