Associate Director, Commercial Analytics - Liver
Associate Director, Commercial Analytics - Liver
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company\'s mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Asia, Europe and Australia.
We have the following exciting opportunity in our Foster City, CA location:
Associate Director, Commercial Analytics (Liver)
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
In this role, the Associate Director will be responsible for managing the tasks, activities and people supporting one or more therapeutic areas (franchises). This role will have people management (up to 1 - 2) responsibilities and will contribute by managing projects of significant complexity requiring cross functional collaboration
Key functions of this role include the following:
Strategic Planning & Brand Performance Tracking
Lead development of data-based insights to inform brand, franchise, and business unit strategy and execution.
Oversee, set agenda, and provide support and guidance to team in:
- Leads performance/KPI development and reporting, including best practice sharing across TAs, enabling a thorough understanding of brand performance and opportunities based on a variety of inputs
- Collaborating with brand marketing leadership to establish an annual business analytics plan for each brand
- Leveraging data and analytics to develop key insights to inform each brand's strategy through the BPOA (Brand Plan of Action) process
- Conducting analytics projects to inform a range of business issues, including MD and patient segmentation, customer journey and treatment flow analytics, sampling strategy and analytics, etc.
- Performance reporting and diagnostics, including design and implementation of HQ facing dashboards and reports
- Evaluating potential new secondary data sources and analytics methodologies to continually elevate the impact of business analytics
- Leads the integration of insight and analysis from a variety of sources to inform material decisions through the delivery of robust opportunities and market context. Consolidates a variety of data and information into actionable brand opportunities.
- Provides objective quantitative analyses and leads the development of business cases to determine key opportunities and address critical business issues for the brand and/or TA
- Collaborating within the department to ensure business analytics context is integrated into Tactic Measurement and Marketing Mix work, to ensure business analytics insights are available to inform Forecasting, and to identify opportunities to integrate new capabilities from the AI/Predictive Analytics Lab
Stakeholder & People Management
- Interacts with a broad range of internal customers ranging from VP, executive directors of brand, marketing team, and IT.
- Establishes and maintains business relationships in key segments of the Commercial organization, and consistently demonstrating a thorough understanding of internal customers' business needs.
- Viewed as a cross-functional subject matter expert and sought for advice on decisions that can impact business operations.
- Lead and conduct quarterly functional review with key VP, Senior Director, and stakeholders on business unit and domain area (Anti-viral, Cardio-pulmonary & Oncology, or Managed Markets) to share insights and analysis on relevant business, brand, and market issues
- Management of projects, tasks, and activities of one or more direct reports (up to 1 - 2).
- Coaching, mentoring, and career development of key individual contributors.
- Management and relationship development with key stakeholder groups in Marketing and Commercial operations.
- Management of external consulting resources from a project delivery perspective.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Strong analytics and people management skills. Minimum of 10 years of experience managing projects, initiatives, and, people, and initiatives.
- MBA or Masters degree preferred. Preferred concentrations in one or more of healthcare, general management, analytics, and data sciences.
- Pharmaceutical or consumer Insight experience highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to pull together insights from a variety of sources and develop strategic guidance for brand teams that result in a business decision or action
- Strong business and marketing acumen and excellent communication and interpersonal skills; consultative background preferred
- Demonstrated communication and teamwork skills; ability to gain consensus and act within a matrix team environment; Ability to work in a collaborative and influencing fashion that drives to business action
- Proficiency in secondary data analysis with intimate knowledge of a variety of industry secondary data sources (e.g., IQVIA, SHA)
- Strong working knowledge of relevant software systems (e.g. MS Excel, Access, MS Word & PowerPoint, etc.) is required.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Commercial-Analytics---Liver_R0018965-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency