Sr Manager, Legal & Compliance
Sr Manager, Legal & Compliance
Taiwan - Taipei
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Summary of Job Description
This Sr. Manager role supports the legal and business conduct compliance for Taiwan, including contract review and management, corporate governance, vendor due diligence review and management, and other business conduct matters and projects. This role will report to the Director of Legal and Business Conduct for Taiwan.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Contract review and management:
- Drafting and review of various types of agreements, legal and corporate documents as well as non-contractual documents, such as local strategic business plans and other plans of action;
- Develop and manage contract templates, forms and related communications;
- Manage the records retention schedules.
- Support business conduct compliance matters:
- Obtain information on the latest trends and developments of pharmaceutical laws and regulations, and provide legal advice and training to employees;
- Create and deliver trainings on local legal and compliance topics e.g. trainings on pharmaceutical law, anti-bribery and corruption, privacy, market access, business conduct, compliance codes, labor laws, competition & antitrust law and dawn raids etc.;
- Support the design and implementation other legal and compliance guidance materials for employees and business partners in the region;
- Support the efforts in keeping country business conduct policies and procedures up to date and support efficient operation of compliant business activities;
- Conduct and manage due diligence review and approval for local third parties; provide trainings to other business functions on vendor due diligence process;
- Support local efforts to investigate and remedy potential compliance violations and to implement any local learnings;
- Support the periodic business conduct risk assessments;
- Support local monitoring activities in accordance with global procedures and protocols, including monitoring of interactions with healthcare professionals and institutions, as well as promotional and non-promotional materials and ensuring corrective actions are implemented;
- Support the implementation of local corrective actions arising out of audits internally and for vendors or business partners, distributors; and
- Respond to government inquiries.
- Manage corporate governance matters, including statutory and corporate filings, and etc.
- Work collaboratively with other members of legal departments and internal client business partners.
- Contribute to projects and take responsibility for legal aspects of projects under supervision of a more senior attorney as needed.
- Support all country functions, including Commercial Planning and Operations, Medical, Finance, HR, Regulatory, Public Affairs, Government Affairs, and Market Access to ensure local law compliance, operational excellence and a commitment to high standards of integrity and ethics.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- General knowledge of regulations governing pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Understanding of contract provisions is required. Must have expertise in drafting and negotiating contracts and agreements.
- Must be able to explain legal terms and how they affect the business.
- Demonstrated strong client service orientation and proven ability as trusted business partner.
- Strong team player who can manage shifting priorities, multi-tasking in a deadline-oriented environment and who can work also independently as required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills - English and Mandarin (Traditional Chinese) fluency required.
- Appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate expectation/priorities with clients and advise the business based on sound judgment and within the compliance framework, within agreed timelines.
- Motivated and willing to take initiative, ability to take necessary actions proactively, and think creatively.
- Exercise mature and reliable judgment while enjoying company's enthusiastic/fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Specific Education & Experience Requirements:
- LLB or JD degree from an internationally recognized university is a must, LLM is preferred.
- An ideal candidate would possess at least 7+ years of relevant MNC in-house or top law firm working experience.
- Preferred experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical, FMCG or highly regulated industry.
- At least one current or previous working experience staying at the same company/or law firm for more than 3 years is a must.
Gilead's Core Values:
- Integrity (always doing the right thing);
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith);
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability);
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility);
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity).
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Taiwan---Taipei/Sr-Manager--Legal---Compliance_R0020796
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency