Sr. Research Associate II, Analytical Ops
Sr. Research Associate II, Analytical Ops
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Independently plans, executes and proactively troubleshoots experiments and laboratory tasks that support development activities and project goals.
- Demonstrates and applies advanced level of understanding project goals and methods.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity and independent thought in experimental design and strategy.
- Selects appropriate methods and techniques in performing methods development.
- Recommends alternatives, researches new methods and techniques and proactively seek out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Works in collaboration with more junior and more senior scientists to advance state-of-the-art techniques.
- Uses good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to provide insight into the processes used to achieve results of assigned tasks.
- Prepares validation protocols and reports or analytical development reports.
- Participates in method transfer to QC and external CRO/CMO laboratories.
- Identifies areas for improvement and efficiency gains.
- Maintains familiarity with scientific literature and applies appropriately to projects.
- Reviews data to ensure compliance with appropriate specifications and protocols.
- Performs investigations as required to support commercial and clinical products.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's with 4+ years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical professional experience, OR master's degree with 2+ years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical professional experience. Degrees should be in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or a related discipline from an accredited university.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret outcomes.
- Strong knowledge in assay development and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrates and applies appropriate level of understanding project goals and methods.
Preferred Experience and skills:
- Experience performing a variety of experiments that support small molecule analysis. This includes operating equipment, selecting appropriate methods and techniques, analyzing data and preparing related reports/presentations.
- Skills and knowledge in solid-state characterization (XRPD, DSC, TGA, PSD) is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in NMR characterization of small molecules is a plus.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Research-Associate-I--Analytical-Ops_R0017993-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency