Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL), a world-renowned innovator in life science research, education, and communication, is seeking a Content Specialist to assist in the continued growth of its preprint servers bioRxiv, for biosciences, and medRxiv, for health sciences. The successful candidate will join the Content team that manages the screening of submitted preprints. The Content Specialist will scrutinize manuscripts and communicate with authors about screening decisions; interact with independent affiliate scientists who help assess manuscripts’ suitability; handle submitted comments about posted manuscripts; and answer community questions about preprint server procedures and policies.
- Daily screening of scientific manuscripts to determine their suitability for posting on the servers
- Decision-making on manuscripts in liaison with other Content Team members and server founders
- Communication with authors about manuscript decisions, appeals, and withdrawals
- Correspondence about preprints already posted on the servers
- Responses to helpdesk inquiries concerning procedures and policies in liaison with the Product and Technology Teams
EDUCATION: Ph.D. in a biomedical discipline is required.
SKILLS: An understanding of the publication process in the biomedical field. Experience with writing and critiquing scientific manuscripts. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work in a team-oriented environment. Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
EXPERIENCE: Editorial (or other) experience in manuscript assessment and/or selection for biomedical research journals. Experience with manuscript submission systems would be an advantage.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
For immediate consideration, please apply for this position online at:
Position Number: 01585-A
For more information about CSHL, please visit us at https://www.cshl.edu
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor