(Senior) Medical Scientists / Medical Science Liaisons (m/f/d) Oncology Breast Cancer - Region Bochum, Paderborn, Hannover
Germany - Hanover
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['(Senior) Medical Scientists / Medical Science Liaisons (m/f/d) Oncology - Breast Cancer - Region Bochum, Paderborn, HannoverOverview and key accountabilities:
We are building a team of Medical Scientists (MS, commonly known as MSL) as we are entering the field of breast cancer. The MS is a field-based medical-scientific expert in the assigned Therapeutic Area. Under the leadership of the MS Lead the MS executes the field medical strategy. This involves gathering insights, delivering medical education and communication, supporting clinical research projects, and managing other projects including educational events. This requires regular interactions with external stakeholders in the assigned territory and close national and international collaboration with colleagues from Medical Affairs and other departments.
The roles are field- based across Germany and cover a geographic area in the approximate range of 1-3 Federal States. We are aiming for the team to consist predominantly of more experienced Medical Scientists and Senior Medical Scientists, with a small number of Associate Medical Scientists, where appropriate. These roles require frequent national and some international travel (including internal meetings and external scientific conferences).Specific responsibilities:
Essential background and skills:
- Proactive and reactive medical-scientific communication and education to physicians and other healthcare stakeholders in the field. This may include the organisation of local educational events.
- Understand the medical landscape in the assigned therapeutic area and continuously gather insights from clinicians and researchers to inform the medical strategy. This may include the organisation of advisory board meetings or other insight-seeking activities.
- Identify and work with regional and national experts on various projects and other activities.
- Assists with Gilead clinical and real-world evidence studies, which includes collaboration with investigators and other personnel.
- Actively collaborates with the office- and field-based national and international Medical team.
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Sales, Marketing, Clinical Research, Pharmacovigilance, Medical Communications, and other functions.
- Utilises scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of different settings. Contributes to the development of educational materials such as slide decks.
- Travels to appointments, meetings, and conferences on a frequent and regular basis, occasionally with short notice.
Desirable background and skills:
- Advanced scientific degree (e.g. MD, PharmD, PhD, MSc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Extensive scientific and/or clinical knowledge in oncology including in breast cancer
- Ability to embrace Gilead's patient-centric values, including highest ethical and compliance standards
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and prioritization
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- At least 3 years pharmaceutical company experience ideally within Medical Affairs
- Experience of working in an international environment
- Previous experience as a Medical Science Liaison
- Established German thought leader network in oncology, preferably in breast cancer, including gynaecologists and oncologists
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Germany---Hanover/XMLNAME--Senior--Medical-Scientists---Medical-Science-Liaisons--m-f-d--Oncology---Breast-Cancer---Region-Bochum--Paderborn--Hannover_R0020281
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency