Research Scientist, Analytical Operations
Research Scientist, Analytical Operations (Peptide, Parenteral, or Inhaled Product Characterization Specialties)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Responsible for conducting scientific research for the development of drug candidates or the support of marketed drugs.
- Applies the principles and techniques of Analytical Chemistry to products and problem-solving.
- Learn, understand and master several experimental techniques. Quickly adapt and employ new experimental approaches as needed based on the changing nature of R&D.
- Works under minimum supervision of senior staff to advance the development of state-of-the-art techniques to characterize drug substances and drug products.
- Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Maintains full working knowledge of principles and theories, applying such knowledge to the direction that supports Company interests.
- Demonstrates emerging ability in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and interpreting experimental outcomes.
- May make contributions to scientific literature and conferences or regulatory filings.
Essential Education, Experience & Skills:
- PhD in pharmaceutical sciences, analytical or physical chemistry, materials science, or engineering. Post Doc or industry experience strongly preferred.
- Possess understanding of analytical and physical chemistry principles.
- Demonstrate experimental precision, accuracy and strong data interpretation skills.
- Logical, data driven, independent thinking, problem solver, innovative, creative and resilient
- Excellent scientific and business communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Experience in amino-acid synthetic peptide physical and chemical characterization through chromatographic techniques (e.g. SEC, CE, RPLC, HIC) and peptide mapping is strongly preferred
- Experience in developing analytical methods for parenteral and/or inhalation products is strongly preferred.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Scientist--Analytical-Operations--Peptide--Parenteral--or-Inhaled-Product-Characterization-Specialties-_R0020293-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency