Technician B - Cardiology
A Tech B is needed to work on the neurobiology of energy balance, with particular emphasis on the molecular, cellular, and circuit mechanisms through which the brain regulates food intake and energy expenditure.
- Assisting with the designing and implementing of experiments critical to the lab, which may include molecular cloning, animal work, in vivo calcium imaging, and/or functional manipulations of neural circuits (e.g. optogenetics, chemogenetics).
- Perform laboratory experiments and collect data.
- Contribute to research implementation.
- Assist with ordering laboratory supplies.
- Responsible for mouse colony maintenance, organization, and genotyping.
- Prepare solutions and reagents for daily lab use.
- Calibration/upkeep of laboratory equipment.
- Interact with personnel from other related research projects.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, biology or physics or related science or equivalent in education, training and experience
- Knowledge of related laboratory procedures and techniques
- Excellent organization skills
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment
- Ability to learn and perform a variety of new techniques
- The candidate selected for this position is required to undergo a drug screening test prior to a final offer of employment being made
- Participation in the Medical Surveillance Program
- Ability to work with laboratory animals
- Successful completion of applicable compliance and systems training requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
- Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.