Sr. Medical Scientist, HIV
Sr. Medical Scientist, HIV (NYC - Upper Manhattan 50th St. North, Bronx, Queens, and Long Island); Westchester
United States - East Region
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr. Medical Scientist - HIV (NYC - Upper Manhattan 50th St. North, Bronx, Queens, and Long Island); Westchester
We have the following, exciting field - based opportunity within our Medical Affairs HIV Treatment Division available. This is a field-based position located in NYC (upper Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, and Long Island) and Westchester area. The incumbent is an experienced, well organized, results-oriented healthcare professional who will develop ongoing professional relationships related to HIV Treatment and provide scientific support to key healthcare decision makers in, public health and academic institutions, along with community and community healthcare providers throughout the assigned geography.
- Responds to clinical inquiries regarding marketed or developmental Gilead products.
- Develops and presents scientific and clinical data for these products.
- Identifies and develops regional and national opinion leaders to support Gilead products and trains Gilead approved speakers through personal contacts and on-site visits.
- Establishes strong relationships with opinion leaders, clinical investigators and providers at academic and non-academic settings.
- Provides sales force with training at national and regional levels
- Works on Gilead phase 4 program that includes collaboration with investigators and internal Gilead personnel.
- Assists with site selection for both phase 4 and other clinical trials.
- Anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner.
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Sales, Marketing, Clinical Research, Global Safety and Medical Communication.
- Others both from within and outside Gilead seek the MSL out for advice and collaboration on complex issues and resolution of complex problems.
- Utilizes scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of different settings.
- Travels to appointments, meetings and conferences on a frequent and regular basis, occasionally with short notice.
- Advanced degrees (M.D., D.O., Pharm. D., DNP., certified N.P., or P.A.) with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in healthcare, public health or pharmaceutical industry (HIV or primary care experience required)
- Two to four years of experience in clinical, research, or public health arena
- Well-developed experience in preparing and delivering presentations
- Experience in the management or investigation of clinical or implementation research
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent project management ability
- Thorough knowledge of HIV care and prevention preferred
- Clinical patient contact experience preferred
- Excellent judgment and initiative are required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook) is required
- Must have knowledge of and be willing to comply with all regulatory/compliance policies.
- Ability to travel overnight regularly
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---East-Region/Sr-Medical-Scientist--HIV--NYC---Upper-Manhattan-50th-St-North--Bronx--Queens--and-Long-Island---Westchester_R0020696-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency