Post-doctoral (Ph.D.) Scientist in Aging and Epigenomics
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated researcher to join the laboratory of Professor David Sinclair in the Genetics Department at Harvard Medical School, Boston. The Sinclair lab is known for their work on genes and small molecules that delay or reverse aging. They have identified a new approach to safely reverse the age of tissues and used it to restore the vision of old mice, a study that was recently on the cover of Nature. The lab has a wide range of expertise and interests, including cancer, neurodegeneration, blindness, diabetes, and muscle degeneration.
The position offers an opportunity to work with an engaged group of scientists and participate in cutting-edge research funded by NIH and various private foundations. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience with genetics and genomics, molecular and cellular biology techniques, epigenetics, and small animal husbandry. Previous experience in neuroscience is preferred, but not required. The candidate will work to understand and utilize epigenetic reprogramming to safely reverse aging and treat both rare and common diseases. This will include both the use of existing approaches and the development of new ones.
- A Ph.D. in genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, genomics, neuroscience, systems biology, or related.
- Strong scientific knowledge of molecular and cellular biology, genetics and epigenetics or neuroscience.
- Experience with small animal husbandry.
- Outstanding personal initiative and creativity.
- Ability to interpret complex data sets and design subsequent experiments.
- Excellent teamwork, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Talent in presenting data to a multidisciplinary audience in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multitask efficiently is a must.
The ideal candidate will have a record of scientific rigor and creativity, a strong publication record in peer-reviewed scientific journals and the ability to work in teams. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. The individual will present regular updates to academic and industry collaborators as well as prepare and publish research reports. There is a real opportunity to invent and innovate.
Apply for Post-doctoral (Ph.D.) Scientist in Aging and Epigenomics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly