Associate Director, Finance - FP & A
Associate Director, Finance - FP & A
Australia - Melbourne
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. Our heritage of science and innovation and the curiosity and passion of everyone who works here has enabled us to provide medicines that help transform standards of care for more than 30 years.
Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include liver diseases, infectious diseases, inflammatory diseases and cancer.
Reporting to the Sr Director of Finance this position will be a 12 month contract supporting a number of local business units, along with leading budgeting and forecasting processes from end to end. This position will not have direct reports.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
- Leads the compilation and delivery of accurate and timely monthly management reporting including monthly financials, revenue reporting, and functional expense reporting.
- Oversees or conducts comprehensive financial analyses and uses results to provide strategic input to upper management.
- Leads the budget and forecast planning process and ensure timely and accurate reporting of agreed data. Business partner commercial operations analyst to ensure assumptions are challenged and information makes commercial sense.
- Responsible for development and management of annual planning calendar involving in-depth coordination of portfolio review, strategic plan, budget and forecasts (internal and external).
- Consults with business partners to evaluate the costs and benefits associated with various financial decisions.
- May approve spending requests outside of forecast, new cost center proposals, or reporting adjustments
- Works closely with finance management to develop more integrated planning processes and systems
- Leads the annual planning calendar involving in-depth coordination of portfolio review, strategic plan, budgets and forecasts (internal and external).
- Finance Leads - May be responsible for the coordination and delivery of accurate and timely monthly accounting and reporting, including the monthly close process.
- Finance Leads - Works closely with finance management to develop more integrated accounting processes, procedures and systems, and adapts to local use where necessary.
- Develops, maintains and assesses internal controls
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a financial planning and analysis role.
- Controllership experience is required along with strong accounting knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of ERP (eg Oracle, SAP) and planning tools (eg Hyperion) is required.
- MBA, CPA or CA is required within this position, or any combination of.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience would be beneficial but not required
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
- Experience in multi-national organization a plus
- Advanced Excel, database and PowerPoint skills required.
- Strategic thinker and functional business partner.
- Significant managerial experience involving coordination of financial planning processes such as strategic plan, budgets and forecasts.
- Experience with project reporting and operational accounting and reporting is critical.
- Significant experience working with upper management.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Being Here Matters
At Gilead we are committed, hardworking and passionate about improving the lives of the patients who use our products. Our values - integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence - are evident in everything we do. We are a close-knit team where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development.
We want all our employees to embrace and leverage each other's talents and diverse perspectives, foster a sense of belonging, achieve their full career potential and contribute to the team's success. This is demonstrated through our Silver Status in the Australian Workplace Equity Index.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Australia---Melbourne/Associate-Director--Finance---FP---A_R0020724-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency