Medical Scientist (Lombardia, Triveneto)
Italy - Milan
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The position is field based covering the area of responsibilities involving frequent travel to appointments, meetings and conferences. Ideally suited to candidates with a background in OncologyEssential Duties and Job Functions The Medical Scientist (MS) responds to clinical inquiries regarding marketed or developmental Gilead products.
Presents scientific and clinical data for these products.
Identifies and develops regional and national opinion leaders to support Gilead products and trains Gilead approved speakers through personal contacts and on-site visits.
Establishes strong relationships with opinion leaders, clinical investigators and providers at academic and non-academic settings.
Anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner.
Cooperates with other team members in organization of scientific meetings and symposia.
The MS works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Sales, Marketing, Clinical Research, Global Safety and Medical Communication.
Others both from within and outside Gilead seek the MS out for advice and collaboration.
Utilizes scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of different settings.
Specific Education & Experience Requirements:
- Advanced degree (i.e. MD, DO, PharmD, PhD, NP/PA) preferred or may have a BS in pharmacy or BS/MS nursing with varying levels of clinical and/or industry experience.
- Relevant experience must include at least 3 yrs clinical practice experience.
- Industry experience desirable.
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations is required.
- Experience in the management or investigation of clinical trials is highly desirable.
- Clinical patient contact experience is highly desirable
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Responds to clinical inquiries regarding marketed or developmental Gilead products.
- Presents scientific and clinical data for these products.Identifies and develops regional and national opinion leaders to support Gilead products and trains Gilead approved speakers through personal contacts and on-site visits.
- Establishes strong relationships with opinion leaders, clinical investigators and providers at academic and non-academic settings.
- Assists with sales force training at national and regional levels.
- Assists with Gilead Phase IV program that includes collaboration with investigators and internal Gilead personnel.
- Assists with site selection for both Phase IV and other clinical trials.
- Anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner.
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Sales, Marketing, Clinical Research, Global Safety and Medical Communication.
- Sought for advice and collaboration within and outside Gilead.
- Utilizes scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of different settings.
- Travels to appointments, meetings and conferences on a frequent and regular basis, occasionally with short notice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be fully cognizant of all relevant scientific data and regulatory requirements for field-based personnel.
- Must be committed to continuing education to maintain knowledge base.
- Must have the ability to work as a member of several teams that may overlap such as national MS team, regional sales team, national accounts, and others.
- Utilizes scientific resources for impactful presentations in a variety of different settings.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Italy---Milan/Medical-Scientist--Lombardia--Triveneto-_R0020698-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency