Sr Manager, Medical Affairs-AmBisome
Sr Manager, Medical Affairs-AmBisome
China - Beijing
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Essential Duties and Job Function
- Develop and ensure the execution of the antifungal medical strategy and activities in alignment with Indication Strategic Plan (ISP) and Global Medical Affairs POA, and critically assess opportunities to improve the medical plan
- Monitor progress of antifungal Medical Affairs Plan of Action
- Support the development, deployment, and appropriate use of Medical Scientists field tools and resources (e.g. slide decks) and ensure correct positioning and relevant messaging in these tools to optimize patient access
- Provide medical and scientific leadership at key scientific meetings involving antifungal area (e.g., China local conferences)
- Develop and maintain professional and credible relationships with key opinion leaders in China
- Collaborate with R&D, Market Access and Commercial Leadership Team
- Lead and provide scientific support at regional advisory boards, regional educational programs, conferences and other external meetings
- Provide scientific support in the review and approval of scientifically accurate marketing materials, medical education programs, advisories, and symposia.
- Maintain awareness of the quickly evolving China reimbursement landscape and the evidentiary needs of health care decision-makers to guide medical affairs strategies
- Exhibit Gilead's core values: integrity, teamwork, accountability, excellence, and inclusion
- Conducts meaningful scientific exchange and communicates complex scientific information and data in an organized and fair/balanced manner while demonstrating judgment and integrity in accordance with the highest ethical and compliance standards, including Gilead's Code of Ethics and Business Conduct policies, and applicable legal and regulatory requirements such as the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Chinese laws
- Disseminates scientific and clinical data about Gilead products, particularly those related to antifungal treatment to opinion-leaders, healthcare professionals, academic institutions and professional organizations
- Establishes strong scientific relationships with KOLs
- Train opinion leaders to be Gilead approved speakers
- Develops and executes plans, activities, and scientific exchanges based upon the Medical Affairs Plan of Action
- Provides feedback and insights from the field to internal stakeholders
- Provides scientific and technical support to internal colleagues
- Must be committed to continuing education to maintain abreast of all relevant scientific data
- Utilizes scientific resources to deliver impactful presentation in a variety of settings
- Travels to appointments, meeting and conferences on a frequent and regular basis, occasionally with short notice
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Reporting to the Director of Medical Affairs, this role is responsible for developing and driving the Medical Affairs strategy related to antifungal. As important as scientific acumen and knowledge will be the successful candidate's ability to engage across the organization to support the scientific objective without compromising compliance or ethics.
- Demonstrate judgment and integrity in accordance with the highest ethical and compliance standards, including Gilead's Code of Ethics and Business Conduct policies, and applicable legal and regulatory requirements such as the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Chinese laws
- Responsible for overseeing and managing direct reports and third-party service providers to ensure compliance with Gilead's Code of Ethics and Business Conduct policies, including adherence to requirements of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Chinese laws
- Medically qualified with a strong scientific background. Equivalent background is also acceptable.
- Proven track record of working closely with commercial, R&D, and other functions in an international matrix structure.
- Knowledge of antifungal markets
- Fluent in Mandarin and English, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrable evidence of ability to work collaboratively within a matrix team environment.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Flexibility and appreciation for different affiliates, systems and cultural differences
- Must demonstrate a willingness to learn
- Ability to travel up to 30% time
Education and Experience Requirements
- Advanced medical/scientific degree (MD, MBBS, PhD, Pharmacy preferred) with experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related healthcare field required
- A minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in a medically related endeavor (i.e., fungal diseases and/or antifungal medicine), with strong knowledge of the clinical research process, treatment landscape, and professional society treatment guidelines
- Prior experience as a medical science liaison highly desirable
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/China---Beijing/Sr-Manager--Medical-Affairs-AmBisome_R0020771
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency