Business Unit Director - Cell Therapy
Business Unit Director - Cell Therapy
Singapore - Singapore
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Business Unit Director for Singapore is accountable for establishing and expanding access to Kite Cell Therapy in the local market. This role is responsible for the strategy, planning and implementation of all commercial activities within the country with success defined by accelerating broad access to patients to Kite products. The Business Unit Director manages Marketing and Sales professionals and leads a cross-functional team to drive operational excellence. S/he reports to the General Manager of Kite's Intercontinental Region. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in the launch of innovative therapies in the local market.
- Maximize the commercial potential of Kite Pharma's assets
- Develop and implement strategic / operational plans in collaboration with regional Marketing and Medical Affairs teams
- Build and execute a highly successful product launch plans for pipeline assets within the country
- Establish strong, effective and optimal working relationships with external bodies (incl. Payers, Patient Associations and Thought Leaders)
- Take responsibility and accountability to deliver against the agreed commercial and strategic objectives, as well as quality, compliance and risk management in the country
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to drive execution and operational excellence
- Foster an environment of strong collaboration across the local, regional and global organization, balancing the needs of Kite Pharma in the country with those of the broader corporate objectives
- Lead the cross-functional team providing vision, motivation and support and coaching infrastructure to drive the business and achieve portfolio objectives
- Partner with market access to identify, develop, propose and execute local reimbursement plans, including alignment with appropriate adaptation of Local pricing, reimbursement and access strategies
- Support the administration of Kite's therapies to patients and contribute to the execution of a flawless supply chain process in order to provide a seamless customer experience
- Facilitate market learning and knowledge sharing to accelerate the product commercialization throughout the Local organization
- Recruit, hire, train, and develop a high-performing team locally that will successfully execute the cross-functional company plan in the country
- Ensure that all business activities are in-line with company policies, procedures and local guidelines
- Ability to develop and implement multi-dimensional business plans
- Deep expertise in achieving operational excellence and implementing impactful plans and projects
- Ability to lead and motivate a cross-functional team by setting a strategic vision
- Strong understanding of the hematology / oncology clinical landscape and the business of cell therapy
- Excellent verbal / written communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Recent experience in oncology specifically in hematology / oncology or orphan / rare diseases
- Openness to travel is required approximately 60% domestically and some internationally
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- MBA and / or postgraduate preferred or advanced life science degree (MD, Pharm D, PhD)
- Strong understanding of the complexity of transplant arena is highly advantageous
- Previous experience in negotiating with key pricing and reimbursement agencies and involvement in successful access and reimbursement strategies and their execution
- Strong, established network of KOLs and other stakeholders such as industry associations
- Knowledge in technical development of commercially successful biopharmaceutical, cell therapy or gene therapy products is preferred
- International experience, either working in a Global or Regional role or in the context of above country project teams is preferred
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system\'s ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system\'s ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Singapore---Singapore/Director--Sales---Marketing_R0020723-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency