Head of IT for Global ERP - Executive Director
Head of IT for Global ERP - Executive Director
United States - North Carolina - RaleighUnited States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Position Posting Title: Head of IT for Global ERP
This position will be based in our new Gilead Business Services Center in Raleigh, NC. We will also consider candidates who will be based in Foster City, CA at our headquarters.
Specific Responsibilities & Skills:
The Head of IT for Global ERP will report directly to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and be responsible for overseeing Global ERP - The function that (in conjunction with other IT functions including those aligned to business functions) defines, delivers, supports business solutions enabled by the core ERP.
The Head of IT for Global ERP will influence and support business strategy. To be effective in this role, he/she must partner with regional and functional leaders to understand individual country and regional business drivers, and then integrate these requirements into the global strategy as it is developed. This leader should have the business acumen and communication skills to shape, articulate and execute a cohesive strategy. This senior leader will act as a trusted advisor to local line management regarding technology enablement, innovation opportunities and partners to implement appropriate enhancement or new technologies. Gilead IT operates in a vertically integrated DevOps model, and as such the leader of this function will oversee and manage end-to-end Business Engagement, Solution Architecture, Solution Delivery, Solution Test, and Solution Operations. It is important that this leader understands the value drivers of the business and ensures that the IT solutions are scalable and can expand to support new therapeutic areas while taking into account innovation and cost to serve. In addition, he/she will partner with other IT functions to implement and optimize the appropriate solutions globally while meeting the needs of each country.
The Head of IT for Global ERP should have skills that include:
- ERP Transformation: This role will lead an Enterprise SAP S/4 HANA program covering the scope of Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Plan to Deliver, Record to Report, Project Accounting, etc. that is currently in Global Design phase and expected to complete in the next three years
- Business Partnership: Serve as a trusted advisor to leaders within Business Functions and support their mission. Partners with senior business leadership to create technology strategies that support the objects of their functions. Understands the value drivers of the business and ensures IT solutions are scalable and can expand to support new therapeutic areas while taking into account innovation and cost to serve.
- Domain Expertise: Partner with senior leadership to create technology strategy that optimizes operational processes. Provides insight into business processes that advance user adoption, improve customer satisfaction, and refine management reports such as those used for financial oversight based on the use of day-to-day transactional systems.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to execute: Define and deliver against strategy, implement automation, improve user satisfaction and drive for operational efficiencies to obtain measurable business value. Support strategies to invest in cloud-first business architecture. Deliver scalable and flexible solutions to meet unanticipated business demand. Continuously invest in innovation to incubate new opportunities requested by business partners in support of the Strategic Technology Council investment and reduce cost to serve through careful consideration of technology investments.
- IT as a Business Value Driver: Supports the ongoing development, coordination, and execution of the integrated IT strategy including labor, investment choices, organizational priorities, and scorecards and dashboards as well as ensures governance and the definition of IT ways of working.
- Delivers on Technology Strategy: Sees Information Technology as a competitive advantage and understands the value drivers of the business and ensures IT solutions are scalable/provide efficiencies to support operational overhead and advance new therapeutic areas while taking into account innovation and reduce cost to serve. Deliver scalable and flexible solutions to meet unanticipated business demand. Continuously invests in innovation to incubate new opportunities requested by business partners in support of the Strategic Technology Council investment and make value-based decisions through careful consideration of technology investments and their associated business benefit.
- Manage Complexity and Drive for Standardization: Able to synthesize customer needs and challenges presented by multiple competing capabilities to include Finance, HR, Legal, IT (as a customer), Clinical Drug Development, Medical Affairs, and Pharmaceutical Development. Make sound and timely decisions based on corporate needs while enforcing technology standards.
- Leadership: Proven ability to build, develop and lead teams and rally organization around the vision.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
General responsibilities for this position will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Collaborate with business partners to identify future business needs and prioritize resources/effort to deliver solutions
- Manage and lead international team through thoughtful performance management and individualized career development plans based on individual needs and corporate strategy
- Deep expertise in delivering SAP S4 Hana enabled ERP transformation programs
- Enhance business value through collaborative identification of business needs
- Serve as primary point of engagement with Business Partners on requirements definitions. Participate on business strategy and capabilities as intake for PMO & Technology Roadmap
- Develop Business Cases for Ideation and Project Prioritization.
- Deliver on portfolio investments and ensure Business Value/Outcomes are realized based on prioritized business needs
- Ensure governance and executive sponsorship across business units
- Ensure necessary business processes are documented and business ownership is available for projects and ongoing compliance activities
- Establish Business Domain Architecture and partner with business to establish Analytics Strategy and collaborate with Development of Business Solutions
- Leverage key strategic commercial platforms as the foundation for delivering global business outcomes
- Optimize organizational focus on core capabilities and leverage partners to provide high value services
- Embed and measure user experience and value realization in every stage of investment decisions
- Create insight based high quality customer experience
- Provide robust content and easy to use, personalized engagement
- Manage cost center and innovation investments and drive for cost to serve efficiencies
- Enable advanced digital capabilities
- May occasionally report progress and program activities to Gilead Leadership Team and Gilead Board
- Bachelor\'s or master\'s degree in computer science, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 20 or more years in IT and business/industry, preferably including Pharma industry experience
- A minimum of 8-10 years of IT leadership responsibilities
- Expert experience in relevant platforms (ERP, Product Lifecycle Management, Quality/Regulatory, Medical Affairs)
- Experience establishing and running an SAP CoE for steady state operations is preferred
- Experience managing delivery via shared services centers is preferred
- Experience in building and leading Agile, Dev/Ops teams is preferred
- Experience in business/industry (beyond IT), managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management, and workforce management
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions and strategic application to business needs including the ability to differentiate between a relevant trend and hype
- Ability to improve operational efficiency, service delivery, and information management across the IT organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Head-of-IT-for-Global-ERP---Executive-Director_R0020692-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency