Sr Director, Supply Chain
Sr Director, Supply Chain
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Senior Director, Supply Chain Systems and Processes plays an integral part in overseeing systems and processes within PBO Supply Chain & External manufacturing. This role provides leadership for accelerating the development of systems, processes, analytics and know-how across the value-stream for enterprise impact. Results are achieved by embedding with business owners to connect the dots by design in line with Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing (PDM) priorities.
This position ensures supply chain systems and processes directly enable the functions to execute business strategy, considering risk, service and cost drivers. It also demonstrates a high level of collaboration to ensure the priorities are aligned cross-functionally with stakeholders within PDM, Commercial and Finance.
- Using an enterprise mindset, help to develop and socialize the Supply Chain Systems and Processes design concept to strengthen cross-functional processes and collaboration.
- Foster cross-functional collaboration with Commercial, Finance, Clinical and PDM functions including Regulatory Affairs, Laboratory Information Systems (LIS), QA. Aligns roadmap and activities align to PDM vision and strategy.
- Manage teams for high performance. Helps to develop clear responsibilities and a development path for each role within the department.
- Embed with cross-functional teams to improve, transform, integrate and sustain business processes.
- Connect the dots along the value-chain through process redesign, measurement, orchestration and digitalization. Reduce waste and complexity and drive down cost.
- Engage and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders for change management and change adoption.
- Provide decision support and insights for complex strategy decisions such as network & capacity utilization, customer segmentation analysis, cost-to-serve.
- Develop analytics and scenario modelling capabilities including dimensions such as time, cost, revenue and environmental impact.
- Work cross-functionally with the Master Data Management team to ensure business processes and technologies have reliable and current data.
- Support business functions with standardized documentation for cross-functional processes; develop training and learning content and key indicators of process health.
- Organize effective engagement of the cross-functional Business Process Management community along the value-chain; foster collaboration and an enterprise mindset.
- Demonstrate management capabilities including making effective use of external business partners; ensure clear deliverables for contractors; prepare budgets and model required resourcing.
- Lead the development of business cases for technology changes; ensure routine confirmation of value attainment.
- Drive innovation and change through awareness of industry trends that relate back to Gilead use cases; incubate and test value propositions through rapid proof of concepts.
- Primary degree in Business, Science or Engineering discipline. Master's degree and/or professional qualifications in supply chain management desired.
- 10+ years of biopharmaceutical industry experience with no less than 5 years of that experience focused on management and leadership roles in supply chain functions.
- Deep supply chain knowledge, enterprise thinking, adept at positioning business problems in the end-to-end context and mobilizing a cross-functional response.
- Experience selecting and deploying technology solutions supporting clinical, global planning, manufacturing, quality and logistics use cases.
- Experience managing relationships with internal stakeholders and external business partners.
- Demonstrates a collaborative mindset, nurtures teamwork and influences cross-functionally.
- Proven ability to form and lead high performing teams dispersed across time-zones.
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Director--Supply-Chain_R0020750-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency