Sr. Research Associate I, Process Development
Canada - Alberta - Edmonton
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Files and retrieves the project-related records that are maintained by the Process Development group.
- Organizes and maintains the proper functions of a Process Development/Manufacturing laboratory.
- Assists supervision in training new and junior associates on techniques required for their duties ensuring that quality, safety and environmental standards are maintained.
- Plans and executes assigned experiments that support Process Development activities and project goals.
- Operates scientific equipment, selects appropriate methods and techniques to perform experiments, analyzes data and prepares related reports.
- Properly documents the experiment and records results.
- Collaborates with supervisory personnel to develop routine research methods. May work cross-functionally within organization to achieve common goals.
- Assists senior personnel in preparing technical documents, such as reports and data required for Development Reports and Master Batch Records (MBRs). Participates in group/project team meetings.
- Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Carries out process operations as specified in the Operating Instructions following the relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) under cGMP
- Reports any deviations from Operating Instructions or SOPs to Supervision and to seek approval for corrective measures.
- Acts as a designee of supervisory personnel, to monitor and/or provide technical support for manufacturing processes in Laboratory Manufacturing and Manufacturing Plant.
- Ensures that all instruments used have current calibrations.
- Ensures that the work environment is kept clean, tidy and that all operations are carried out in a safe manner.
- Follows all procedures as outlined in the Company Environmental, Health and Safety Policies.
- Attends departmental Environmental, Health and Safety and Quality (EHSQ) meetings regularly & completes all required Safety trainings.
- Attends and obtains passing scores in all required GMP training sessions.
- Ensures that appropriate SOP trainings and/or hands on training forms have been completed before performing a task.
- Ensures that SOPs are followed as written and required information is recorded properly.
- Other duties as assigned
- BSc degree in chemistry (or related science or engineering) and minimum 2 years of relevant experience OR a MS degree with limited relevant experience.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Alberta---Edmonton/Sr-Research-Associate-I--Process-Development_R0018913-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency