United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The IT Enterprise Cloud Operations group works across the organization with all business teams to deliver on Gilead's dedication to bringing life-saving therapies to people in need. You will focus on working closely with the key stakeholders to deliver on the operational hybrid cloud experience to internal customers, manage a team of engineers, manage multiple vendors and be a champion for customer needs. Do you love complex and diverse projects? Join our team and directly impact how we operate as a company.Responsibilities of the Cloud operations Technical Manager include:
- Champion the needs of customers, business teams, stakeholders throughout the operations deployment and support process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives.
- Considers product line/business unit, the enterprise's priorities, strategies and goals, and emerging technologies, industry trends, and technical viability across the relevant product portfolio.
- Technical delivery on multiple corporate and/or commercial tracks simultaneously.
- Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of service development, including deployment and post-deployment activities.
- Handle rapidly evolving issues that arise among systems and platforms in a way that balances operational and enterprise goals.
- Solicit enterprise direction, goals and strategy, and use it to inform development of operational strategy.
- Convey the cloud operations vision and other messages requiring action, in a way that encourages people to embrace the vision and builds their enthusiasm about fulfilling it.
- Translate technical language into business language as needed to bridge the gap between business and technology professionals engaged in the full investment value stream.
- High School Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Associate's Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years Experience OR Master's Degree and Six Years Experience
- Previous hands-on experience in On-Prem, Colocation, and hybrid cloud operations.
- Previous hands-on experience transitioning multiple platforms and applications to Cloud operations
- 5+ years leading technical project delivery teams in a hybrid cloud environment
- Experience working in team of globally dispersed technical staff
- Extensive background in building roadmaps, create and execute on a strategic vision
- AWS certified preferred
- Extensive experience designing, building and operating servers, systems and applications on premises, multi-site and multi-region in a hybrid cloud environment
- Extensive experience with various hypervisor platforms, hybrid cloud configurations and technology
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical industry Good Manufacturing Process (GMP and GxP)
- Strong people and vendor management skills
- Experience with cloud migration of platforms/applications, data center building and migration
- Strong implementation and support experience across multiple OS platforms, Hypervisor platforms, VM concepts and operations, cloud operations and migrations.
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and relationship-building skills, and can collaborate at all levels
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Technical-Manager_R0020581
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency