Sr. Research Associate I, Analytical Operations
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Essential Education & Experience:
- Develop and execute analytical methods related to solid oral dosage drug product (stability-indicating assay and impurities, discriminatory dissolution, blend and content uniformity, water content, etc.) in collaboration with supervisory personnel and lab analysts using techniques such as liquid chromatography, Karl-Fischer, dissolution, disintegration.
- Assist in troubleshooting of instrumentation and test methods.
- Support process and formulation development and review testing data and results to ensure compliance to appropriate test methods, specifications, and protocols. Recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret outcomes.
- Author and revise analytical methods, specifications, protocols, reports, and other documentation.
- Able to work well independently and in a team setting on assigned tasks, such as method development and stability testing.
- Participate in group meetings, present results of work, interpret data, and draw conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Work in collaboration with more senior scientists to design experiments and advance state-of-the-art techniques.
- Train new analysts on specific analytical techniques.
- Use good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills to provide insight into the processes used to achieve results of assigned tasks.
- BS degree with 2+ years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical professional experience, OR MS degree with 0+ years of industry experience. (Degrees should be in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related discipline.)
- Hands-on experience and problem-solving skills with chromatographic techniques (HPLC/UPLC, GC)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Research-Associate-I--Analytical-Operations_R0020457
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency