Therapeutic Specialist (m/f/d) Oncology (Breast Cancer) Region - Frankfurt, Darmstadt, Heidelberg
Germany - Frankfurt
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Therapeutic Specialist (m/f/d) - Oncology (Breast Cancer)Region - Frankfurt, Darmstadt, Heidelberg Job Description
Gilead Sciences Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. The company strives to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries world-wide, with headquarters in Foster City, California, USA.
In 2020, Gilead completed the acquisition of a number of companies which are developing innovative treatments in the field of oncology. One of the leading compounds is a novel Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC), which is being investigated for its potential application across various types of cancer, initially metastatic Triple Negative Breast Cancer (mTNBC) where there is a significant unmet medical need. Due to the anticipated regulatory authorisation of this new ADC in 2021, we are currently in the process of building a new sales team across Germany and are looking for Therapeutic Specialists to join our new Oncology Business Unit in these key territories.
In this role you will be one of the key contributors in our new oncology franchise, providing patients and healthcare professionals access to this innovative treatment. The focus will be on oncology physicians who treat patients with mTNBC. Our Therapeutic Specialists across all our existing therapy areas are enthusiastic about our patient-centric approach and expert in discussing and explaining the characteristics and benefits of our treatment(s) in a highly scientific and dynamic healthcare environment. Specific responsibilities
Knowledge, experience and skills
- Prepare business plan for your territory aligned to local cancer alliance priorities for mTNBC, communicate required actions to achieve goals. With guidance, initiate systems to monitor sales progress and action plans.
- Responsible for identifying and mapping out patient referral pathways within the cancer alliances on your territory and facilitating patient access to treatment.
- Responsible for achieving sales targets in assigned territory.
- Responsible for working in partnership with Regional Market Access, Medical and Customer Network Manager colleagues to ensure local access is in place for Gilead medicines.
- Establish and develop business relationships with key customers, accounts and relevant key opinion leaders. Responsible for setting and achieving customer contact plans and delivering on related KPIs.
- Manage territory budgets for customer contacts, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
- May represent company at professional events and promote company products at such events.
- Work co-operatively with Gilead Medical Scientists, National Account Managers, Marketing and Market Access on various cross-functional projects.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities, communicate proactively to Marketing and Sales management.
- Complete necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. updating customer database, expenses, etc.
- Responsible for achieving the competency levels required in the role.
- Compliance with country regulations and code of conduct at all times.
- Role will require travel and depending on location the need for overnight stays.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for commercializing this breakthrough medicine, a strong competitive and commercial mindset, robust scientific acumen and a patient centric approach.
- Experience in an oncology specialist therapy area is required
- Prior experience (5+ years) with solid tumors and especially in the therapeutic field of breast cancer is strongly preferred
- The ideal candidate has established contacts to relevant customers
- Excellent understanding of relevant targeted therapies and personalized medicines based on different biomarkers is critical.
- Must have sound scientific expert knowledge and be able to stay on top of all relevant new emerging data
- Must be able to understand and digest original publications and talks
- Must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of how cancer services are delivered.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and build working relationships internally and externally.
- Must be able to develop strong relationships with key opinion leaders and communicate on eye level.
- Must have proven expertise in building interpersonal relationships, along with strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Must have proven experience in account planning and cross-functional account management approach.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy and independence.
- Must be familiar with industry trends and remain current with competitors' resources and practices.
- Must demonstrate solid analytical skills, be able to identify and understand moderate to complex issues, problems and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to management and specialists.
- Must be able to work in cross-functional teams.
- Pharmareferentenausbildung (or equivalent qualifikation through academic studies)
- Must be a German native speaker with fluent Englisch skills (written and spoken)
Gilead commercial competencies
- Resilient and able to handle emotional stress
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to deliver in a very competitive environment.
- Operational excellence.
- Analytical with systematic approach to prioritization.
- Strong team player and cross functional approach.
- Curious, with learning agility.
Gilead core values
- Initiative into action.
- Strategic approach.
- Communications impact and influence.
- Customer relationship building.
- Customer and market insights.
- Business analytics.
- Integrity (doing what's right)
- Teamwork (working together)
- Excellence (being your best)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
For information please visit Gilead.comEqual Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Germany---Frankfurt/Therapeutic-Specialist--m-f-d----Oncology--Breast-Cancer---Region---Frankfurt--Darmstadt--Heidelberg_R0020612
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency