Director, Medical Affairs
Director, Medical Affairs
Ireland - Dublin
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We have an exciting opportunity on our Medical Affairs Team, a Director position within Global Medical Affairs Oncology. This individual will focus on managing the medical studies and relationships with key investigators and centers with a regional focus on the Europe with extension into some countries outside the continent. This is Oncology portfolio level position reporting directly to the VP of Global Medical Affairs-Oncology. The primary focus will be studies with Sacituzumab Govitecan and Magrolimab. There may also be future compounds as the pipeline develops. This is currently an individual contributor role with potential for management over the next one to two years.
This role will be based in Dublin, Ireland
- Plans and executes medical research (Investigator sponsored and collaborative) with focus on cooperative groups, study groups and major key academic centers
- Will provide global support locally within the EU region primarily with additional responsibilities that may be outside of the EU at time.
- Provides technical expertise to the organization with regards to key investigator & society engagement
- Provides leadership to the Medical Affairs team with portfolio level thinking
- Provides medical leadership in the cross-functional brand and launch teams.
- May be required to develops and conduct medical education and communication activities, including digital, face-to-face, and print.
- Is involved in key scientific publication activities with ongoing studies when appropriate
- Is a key company representative to groups of experts, medical professional groups, societies, patient representatives, regulatory groups, and represents the company at national and international scientific meetings.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with external medical experts globally, including academic societies.
- Plans and conducts Advisory Boards as needed to obtain insights.
- Presents scientific and clinical data in a variety of different settings.
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel globally across multiple functions
Required Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Advanced scientific degree (i.e. M.D, PharmD, or Ph.D)
- Experience in Oncology required
- Breast Cancer expertise strongly preferred
- Significant years of experience in pharmaceutical industry with relevant roles in medical affairs
- People Management experience is preferred, but not required at this time.
- Ability to embrace Gilead's patient-centric values, including highest ethical and compliance standards
- Strategic mindset with a focus on collaboration and excellence
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and prioritization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel up to 30% and demonstrates cultural intelligence to work in an international setting
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Dublin/Director--Medical-Affairs_R0020525-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency