Associate Director, Global Medical Information
Associate Director, Global Medical Information
Ireland - Dublin
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
As the Global Medical Information, Oncology Specialist, the Associate Director will use scientific knowledge and medical information expertise to drive strategic initiatives and empower partners and customers with globally-aligned resources that enable timely, informed healthcare decisions and improve patient outcomes. The Associate Director will work independently, and collaboratively with the Global Medical Affairs teams to lead and support strategic initiatives that improve the ability of the department to provide its services; gather and share customer insights with affiliates so the needs of patients and customers are met; share your expertise with Medical Information colleges to further develop, and support the professional growth of the group. Routine responsibilities may include:
- Utilizing Medical Information content to provide scientifically balanced responses to external parties (healthcare providers and patients) or internal parties (affiliates and distributors) requesting medical or product information
- Developing and maintaining a deep knowledge of product, disease state and competitor landscape for assigned therapeutic area
- Identifying and analyzing medical information trends and data gaps for therapeutic area to contribute insights to medical affairs strategies and priorities
- Developing and maintaining up-to-date global response documents (GRDs) relevant to therapeutic area
- Researching and proactively creating new scientific responses to unanticipated inquiries
- Guiding, reviewing, and approving responses to complex inquiries from affiliate medical information and internal colleagues.
- Understanding the needs and preferences of internal and external partners and customers
- Reviewing, analyzing, presenting and sharing global metrics and insights. Identify data gaps and developing strategy for creation of relevant content.
- Collaborating with affiliate medical information and relevant internal partners who may include medical affairs, commercial, development, regulatory, global patient safety and operations, and ensure effective planning to manage global response content
- Participating in development of global medical plans of action (POA)
- Reporting adverse events per Standard Operating Procedure
- Maintaining a record of interactions via a relational database
- Recognizing, obtaining pertinent data on, and accurately transmitting adverse events or product complaints to the appropriate internal departments
- Evaluating drug compendia for accuracy, if applicable
- Providing support and coordination of medical information activities for scientific conferences; Attending scientific conferences and answering questions at medical information booths
- Partnering with colleagues in Medical Affairs for projects and deliverables specific to therapeutic area
- Collaborating with publication teams for updates and review of medical information trends/data gaps to contribute to therapeutic area publication strategies
- Interacting with affiliates and ensuring the proper triage of queries
- Promote global alignment across medical information geographies
- Updating and ensuring compliance to Medical Information standard work practices and operating procedures
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to work well in multidisciplinary teams, across geographies
- Preferably, prior specialist in medical information at local affiliate or global level with ability to draw on previous experience
- Knowledge of, and experience in oncology
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory and legal requirements for the provision of medical information in the pharmaceutical environment, with understanding of regional or country regulations related to the provision of medical information services
- Demonstrates strategic thinking. Analyses metrics regularly, to identify data gaps and develops strategy for creation of relevant content, in collaboration with internal partners
- Demonstrates success in developing and maintaining good working relationships with internal departments and external contacts. Actively builds cross functional relationships
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities
- Proven track record in working in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Highly self-motivated and able to perform multiple tasks in a timely fashion
- Demonstrates Gilead core values
Specific Education and Experience Requirements
- Advanced scientific or biomedical degree is preferred
- Experience in Oncology is preferred
- A good level of experience in the pharmaceutical industry including experience in Medical Information is desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Dublin/Associate-Director--Global-Medical-Information_R0020661-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency