Maintenance Team Leader
Maintenance Team Leader
United States - California - La Verne
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Maintenance Team Leader
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supervises Maintenance Technicians, including organizing and prioritizing daily tasks, performing training, and writing performance reviews.
- Schedules the daily activities of Maintenance Technicians in the maintenance, repair, calibration of equipment and/or mechanical, electrical systems in respective area of responsibility, ensuring that Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and all other regulatory requirements are followed.
- Procures spare parts, labor, special tools, contracts, documentation (such as CRRA's, SOP's) and equipment availability for work execution.
- Ensures that Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and all other regulatory requirements are followed.
- Develops the weekly, and plant shutdown schedule / work lists. Identifies external resources as needed for recovery activities.
- Functions as project lead.
- Provides refresher training to departmental size groups.
- Revises SOPs and other controlled documentation as necessary. Controls inventory and specialized tools.
- Receives all work orders from the requesting departments of the areas to which he/she is assigned, except for emergency work that is requested of the appropriate maintenance supervisor for immediate attention.
- Ensures the safety needs are given a top priority in work planning
- and scheduling.
- Estimates jobs showing sequence of steps, the number of mechanics and required man-hours for each step.
- Estimates cost of each work order in terms of direct labor, materials required and total cost.
- Maintains backlog files of work orders awaiting scheduling in accordance with their priority and requested completion date.
- Attends meetings with the production planning department and participates in the overall plant scheduling of the following week\'s work, and negotiates for downtime "windows" during which preventive and corrective maintenance requiring downtime can be performed.
- Finalizes own schedules for which he/she is responsible, ensuring that the work scheduled balances with the man-hours available so that a full day\'s work is provided each person.
- Follows up with Team Leaders and Maintenance Technicians to ensure the schedules and work orders are executed at the proper time.
- Carefully reviews completed schedules and corresponding work orders returned by the maintenance area supervisors, monitors work order progress, and prepares associated reports.
- Reviews with the maintenance area supervisors the actual labor expended versus estimated labor and material used for completed jobs, in order to determine co-effective measures needed to improve the accuracy of estimating and improving methods of doing work.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates extensive understanding and application of maintenance principles, concepts, and practices, and standards. References maintenance engineering
- Demonstrates proficiency in current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety regulations.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Required Education and Experience:
- 8+ years of relevant experience and a high school diploma.
- Current Leaving Certificate and Trades Certificate GSL.
- Previous experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry desirable.
- Previous experience working in highly regulated manufacturing environments desirable.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---La-Verne/Maintenance-Team-Leader_R0020655-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency