IT Analytics Platform Architect
IT Analytics Platform Architect
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The IT Analytics Platform Lead/Architect will be responsible for managing our analytics platform operations, maturing and extending data, reporting and analytics solutions across the organization. By combining a strong technical background with a solid understanding of market trends, the IT Analytics Platform Lead/Architect will be responsible for architecting, designing and delivering projects and enhancements across the Enterprise Analytics Platform.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Lead analytics platform enhancement work such as upgrading systems and implementing new features
- Manage analytics platform operations including handling high priority incidents
- Strategize, plan and prioritize analytics platform enhancements and improve operation efficiency
- Manage relationship with service providers
- Provide architecture strategy and vision for migrating on-premise systems to AWS
- Evaluate current state architecture and recommend and implement changes with a focus on improving the scalability, accessibility and user experience of analytics solutions
- Combine business needs, vendor roadmaps and technology trends to develop Enterprise Analytics platform and product roadmaps and future state architecture diagrams
- Develop comprehensive business cases and project plans to fund and deliver approved project portfolio investments that deliver on platform and product roadmaps and future state architecture
- Provide technical and architectural guidance to projects, teams and service providers, ensuring that new initiatives enable effective and scalable data storage, reporting and analysis capabilities
- Research, recommend and pilot tools and process changes in order to drive quality and efficiency across the solution development lifecycle
- Act as a thought leader on industry trends, emerging analytics capabilities and technologies and cloud platforms and potential use at Gilead
- Partner with other groups in the organization including Business Engagement, Information Management, Infrastructure and IT Security to ensure robust and scalable solutions
- Work with other solution and domain architects to establish architecture standards, policies and governance
- Associate\'s Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Bachelor\'s Degree and Eight Years Experience OR Master\'s Degree and Six Years Experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence new initiatives in a matrixed, global organization
- Excellent verbal and written skills and with the ability to build strong relationships across the organization
- Extensive experience with various reporting and analytic technologies including OBIEE, Microstrategy, Informatica, ODI, Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI
- Experience working in a regulated environment (FDA, GxP Systems, GDPR, SOX and PHI)
- Excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills
- Experience with Virtualization and Cloud platforms including AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Thorough understanding of cloud technologies, market trends and the broader ecosystem including server, storage and security considerations
- Demonstrate proficiency and thorough knowledge of computer system validation (CSV) requirements defined by applicable authorities and/or industry groups
- Operational knowledge and experience with CS applications in a GXP environment
- Experience delivering solutions using Agile DevOps is a plus
- Previous experience in Life Sciences
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/IT-Analytics-Platform-Architect_R0017664
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency