Senior Director, Sales & Operation Planning
Senior Director, Sales & Operation Planning
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr. Director, Sales and Operations Planning
The Sr. Director of Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) reports to the Executive Director, Integrated Planning and is accountable for developing and directing the overall strategy of the S&OP process across Gilead. The Sr. Director of S&OP will work in close collaboration with senior leadership from Commercial, Finance and key stakeholders across PDM to tailor the process to meet management objectives. The Sr. Director of S&OP will be responsible for maintaining rigor in the monthly process and ensuring a seamless and efficient generation and coordination of information to global and site supply chain functions. This role will also be accountable to establish the governance and performance management for S&OP in Gilead. This role will be a key point of contact for ComMercial leadership and Global Supply Chain. The role will also be accountable for implementing mid to long range improvements in business processes and underpinning technologies.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the architecture of the S&OP process and for the successful global rollout and implementation
- Key point of contact for senior Commercial and PDM leadership to communicate and support the implementation of supply chain strategy
- Coordinates the activities of department management, and provides direction and assistance on resolution of complex issues and potential problems related to supply and demand management
- Forms a companywide strategic roadmap to improve S&OP maturity, enables process design and adoption through technology and analytics.
- Aligns strategic roadmap with key stakeholders across Gilead
- Accoutable to define key metrics of S&OP and track benefits and improvements to the business
- Aligns resources, prioritizes strategies, establishes targets, and implements cost-out initiatives for S&OP and GSC efforts.
- Channels continuous improvement ideas to the GSC LT and leads improvement efforts
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Expert leader with a proven track record of building and managing high performing teams
- Experienced people manager with a strong reputation for mentoring and developing people
- Expertise and track record in pharmaceutical/biotech manufacturing and supply chain execution and oversight, previous ERP implementation experience
- Expert in implementing and running a formal S&OP process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively communicate with technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, as well as strong skills as a negotiator to reach consensus, alignment and commitment.
- Project management skills to manage overall transformation and continuous improvement projects across multiple geographies and business functions.
- Change management and transformational change experience
- Able to develop solutions to complex problems which require an in depth degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovativeness
- Able to develop complex concepts, techniques, and standards
- Must have expertise in pharmaceutical or biotech industries, US, EU and international cGMPs
- 15+ years of relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA
- MA/MBA preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Director--Sales---Operation-Planning_R0020641-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency