Faculty Positions in The Frontier Science Center for Brain Science and Brain-machine Integration
Eligible applications are invited for full-time, tenure-track faculty positions in The Frontier Science Center for Brain Science and Brain-machine Integration (BBMI) at Zhejiang University.
The BBMI is located in Hangzhou, an international city in China, which hosted the 2016 G20 summit and will host the 2022 Asian Games. The BBMI is one of the first six national frontier science centers launched by the Ministry of Education (MOE). The BBMI capitalizes on the interdisciplinary scientific, medical, and engineering strength of Zhejiang University, and holds the mission to synergize brain science discoveries with brain-inspired intelligence advancement. Ultimately, this synergy shall be reinforced to pioneer new frontiers of fundamental neuroscience investigation, promote the development of novel therapeutics, and implement brain-inspired artificial intelligence.
All BBMI PIs are faculty members of Zhejiang University, and receive full benefits from Zhejiang University. Currently, we are seeking outstanding scientists in two research areas:
PI positions in Neurobiology
Qualified candidates should hold a Ph.D./M.D. degree and have research experiences/interests relevant to the development, function, and/or pathology of the nervous system, as broadly defined with an emphasis on brain circuits and behavior.
PI positions in Brain-machine Interfaces
Qualified candidates should hold a Ph.D./M.D. degree and have research experiences/interests relevant to computational neuroscience, brain-machine interfaces, hybrid intelligence function, brain-inspired computing, and/or neural computing.
These positions offer a world-class research environment and internationally competitive benefit packages including:
- Internationally competitive salary, generous start-up, and funding support.
- Modern laboratory space in the newly-built Zhejiang University Medical Center.
- Privileges in Postdoc recruitment, student enrollment quota, funding support, tenure evaluation, etc.
- Access to the Chinese Brain Bank and state-of-the-art core facilities including newly-built animal facilities and imaging core facility equipped with 7T fMRI, two-photon confocal microscopes, etc.
- Strong ties to related departments throughout Zhejiang University, Zhejiang University-affiliated teaching hospitals, the Yangtze River Delta neuroscience and IT communities, etc.
- Opportunity to teach exceptional undergraduate and graduate students with strong interests in neuroscience and related fields.
- Strong administrative support and open communication with the international scientific community.
- Multiple housing options with special discounts, children’s admission to Zhejiang University affiliated schools, and accommodation in the vicinity of world-renowned scenic areas.
Prospective applicants should send a current CV, a 3-page description of research accomplishments and future plans, and three letters of recommendation to email@example.com. Review of applications will start upon receipt and will continue until the positions are filled.
Postdoc positions in the BBMI
1. The applicant should hold a Ph.D./M.D. degree.
2. The applicant should have related research experience, independent working ability, and good team spirit.
3. The applicant should have published related research papers over the past 2 years.
Prospective applicants should send a current CV and two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will start upon receipt and will continue until the positions are filled.
This advertisement is valid, and positions remain open until filled. For more information, please visit http://www.bbmi.zju.edu.cn/zxjj/list.htm