Director, Medical Affairs (Cell Therapy)
Director, Medical Affairs (Cell Therapy)
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Kite, a Gilead Company is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system\'s ability to recognize and kill tumours.
As a key member of the ACE Medical Affairs team, the Medical Affairs Director is the subject matter expert responsible for providing medical leadership to the development of Canada's Kite CAR T therapies strategic and tactical plans in collaboration with the ACE and Global Cell Therapy Medical Leads. Reporting to the Cell Therapy Business Unit Director, you will support the launch and execution of YESCARTA, the first of Kite's products in Canada and prepare for the next assets and indications. This role is office-based in Mississauga and may require national and international travel (including internal meetings and external scientific conferences) once travel restrictions are eased.
- Leads the development of the Strategic Plan and Plan of Action for Medical Affairs in Canada for Cell Therapy
- Provides leadership to the Medical Affairs team in cell therapy and provides medical leadership in the cross-functional brand and teams.
- Manages and leads a team of office based and field based medical affairs
- Develops and conducts medical education and communication activities, including digital, face-to-face, and print; is involved in scientific publication activities.
- Is a key company representative to groups of experts, medical professional groups, societies, patient representatives, regulatory groups, and represents the company at national and international scientific meetings.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with external medical experts locally and internationally, including academic societies.
- Plans and conducts Advisory Boards as needed to obtain insights.
- Presents scientific and clinical data in a variety of different settings.
- Works collaboratively with Kite personnel in Canada and European affiliates, Global Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Marketing, Market Access, Sales, Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety, Public and Government Affairs.
- Strong partnership with cross functional teamwork and alignment with the Cell Therapy Business Unit Director of Canada and Gilead Sciences personnel
- Supports the generation of scientific data through collaboration with the Kite personnel in R&D and Clinical Operations, site support in clinical trials, and by developing local clinical trials including study protocols, as needed.
- Is responsible for supporting and coordinating Investigator Sponsored Trials - including collaboration with investigators and internal Kite personnel.
- Participate in the review and approval of investigator-initiated studies and provide medical input for Promotional Review Committees
- Advanced scientific degree (i.e. MD, PharmD, PhD)
- Excellent clinical and scientific understanding of cell therapy and/or hematology
- Extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry along with 5 years plus expertise in the field of immunology, cell therapy or hematology with product launch experience
- Ability to embrace Kite's leadership commitments and patient-centric values, including highest ethical and compliance standards
- Strategic mindset with a focus on collaboration and excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, along with the ability to understand, analyse and communicate medical concepts concisely
- Ability to successfully navigate fast and dynamic situations where there is ambiguity, uncertainty, and change
- An ability to think medically and strategically about the short- and long-term impacts within the oncology health care landscape
- An ability to lead collaboratively across various internal stakeholders, to inspire others and develop trusted partnerships, with a preference for prior supervisory/leadership experience
- A strong ability to interpret and articulate clinical data and the oncology clinical development programs
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional matrix
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system\'s ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Director--Medical-Affairs--Cell-Therapy-_R0018316-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency