Director, Clinical Development Physician - Kite
Director, Clinical Development Physician - Kite
United Kingdom - London
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system\'s ability to recognise and kill tumours. Kite Europe is currently adding additional talent as it focuses on developing the European Region in support of providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, haematology and oncology, inflammatory and respiratory diseases, and cardiovascular conditions
Following the 2017 acquisition of Kite Pharma by Gilead Sciences, Kite will be using the established Gilead infrastructure to bring its innovative oncology therapies to Europe.
This role is advertised as based in Stockley Park, UK but we are open to any office based location which Gilead/Kite have in Europe.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide medical monitoring to multiple oncology clinical trials
- Lead project teams to design and implement clinical studies
- Write protocols, investigator brochures, clinical study reports and review clinical trial documents
- Conduct investigator meetings and lead site initiation visits with clinical trial investigators
- Execute and deploy drug development strategic plans, develop contingency plans, provide technical and strategic advice, and meet milestones and budgets
- Translate findings from research and nonclinical studies into clinical development opportunities
- Interact with clinical investigators and thought leader
- Work with internal regulatory affairs team and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry, and ensure compliance with these external guidelines
- Work with internal pre-clinical scientists, translational scientists, business and commercial organizations in a cross functional manner
- Work in a team environment comprising clinical operations, biomarker specialists, CROs, and regulatory affairs
- Perform other duties as required
- Support, provide input into regulatory filing documents, conduct regulatory filings
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- M.D. degree is required preferrably with board certification/specialization in Hematology or Oncology and experience managing oncology trials
- Previous experience of relevant drug development experience, either within industry or as a clinical investigator/physician scientist in academia, or equivalent experience
- Proven clinical development strategist with experience designing, implementing and conducting clinical trials, with emphasis on proof-of-concept and first-in-human studies
- Knowledge of carrying out hematology/oncology clinical trials, including knowledge of hematology/oncology treatment options
- Strategic leadership and tactical skills, excellent initiative and judgment, and demonstrated ability to positively represent the goals of Kite
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with both internal colleagues and external contacts, including key thought leaders, and investigators
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams in a cross functional manner
- Ability to communicate and work independently with scientific/technical personnel
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- May travel up to 30%
Gilead & Kite Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system\'s ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---London/Director--Clinical-Development-Physician---Kite_R0019547
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency