Research Asst. Professor, RI-INBRE Centralized Research Core Facility
Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform and oversee the acquisition, usage, maintenance, and upgrade of a diverse collection of over 40 chemistry and molecular biology research instruments
Train researchers of all education levels to collect high quality data using these instruments in both laboratory and classroom settings
Supervise the day-to-day activities of the core facility and one associate scientist
Oversee core facility scheduling and accounting systems
Assist the RI-INBRE team in the preparation of core-specific contributions for annual reports, cost-center rate calculations, and grant applications.
Represent RI-INBRE at meetings, conferences, and community.
Perform tasks as instructed by RI-INBRE Program Director
1. Ph.D. in the chemical and biological or related sciences.
2. Demonstrated experience collaborating with other researchers.
3. Demonstrated experience working with diverse groups/populations.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
5. Demonstrated strong oral communication skills.
1. Demonstrated laboratory experience and publication record with research instrumentation such as mass spectrometry, separation technology, microscopy, NMR.
2. Teaching experience in classroom and/or laboratory settings
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY
ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
Visit the URI jobs website at: https://jobs.uri.edu to apply and view more complete details for job posting (F00247).
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter. (#2) CV. (#3) Other – References – the names and contact information of three professional references.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by July 27, 2021. Second consideration may be given to applications received by August 17, 2021. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (August 17, 2021) may not be given full consideration.
Applications must be submitted online only.
The University of Rhode Island is an AA/EEOD employer. Women, persons of color, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other protected groups are encouraged to apply.