We are growing and searching for experienced Embryologists with at least 5 years of laboratory experience in embryology and ready to take the next step into a senior level role. We have openings Fort Worth, Texas / Nashville, Tennessee / Austin, Texas.
The Embryologist will work closely with the Laboratory Director and participate in the daily operation of the human IVF and andrology laboratories. This position includes 'hands-on' involvement in clinical IVF laboratory work as directed by the Laboratory Director. This position requires a focus on patient service, maintenance of the highest technical standards and provision of the services and resources necessary to support Ovation Fertility. The Embryologist is expected to maintain CLIA and CAP standards regarding quality control/ quality management, procedural guidelines and day- to-day duties of the IVF laboratory.
- Undertake embryology laboratory procedures as directed.
- Complete competency in latest technologies including, but not limited to: trophetoderm biopsy, oocyte vitrification, and complex micromanipulation skills.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of reproductive biology including the male and female reproductive system.
- Expertise with the physical handling of oocytes, embryos and semen including hazardous specimens.
- Management of aseptic techniques and competent in the correct assessment and grading of oocyte, embryo and sperm morpholog.
- Maintain technical proficiency in routine laboratory procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of routine and ad hoc analyses of data relating to performance of the laboratory and individual technologists and to specific research projects.
- Demonstrates skills and aptitude appropriate to the position.
- Demonstrates a good work ethic and commitment to participate in appropriate programs of continuing education and professional development to maintain up-to-date knowledge in the laboratory specialty.
- Possess the ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team, communicate accurately and concisely.
Education & Training:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a biological science.
- Five (5) years of experience in a laboratory setting and three (3) years of embryology experience.
- Preferred Certification: American Board of Bioanalyst (ABB):Technical Supervisor
- Demonstrated proficiency in all routine embryology and andrology laboratory procedures including micromanipulation and biopsy of gametes and embryos.
401(k) with matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Employee discount, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off, Parental leave, Professional development assistance, Referral program, Relocation assistance, Retirement plan, Tuition reimbursement, Vision insurance