Senior Research Assistant
CDU Strives for EXCELLENCE! Join a team of diverse professionals and start your career today with Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science. We are seeking extraordinary and dedicated individuals to achieve the mission that drives us all: to cultivate diverse health professional leaders are dedicated to social justice and health equity for underserved populations…. As a member of CDU faculty, or staff you’ll achieve EXCELLENCE in a welcoming community of passionate medical school professionals.
At CDU we are seeking talented Senior Research Assistant.
Under the general direction of Principal Investigator, provides technical support in molecular endocrinology, diabetes and obesity research laboratory. Responsibilities includes project planning, data collection, experimental protocols and procedures; bench work involving lab techniques focused in molecular biology, and small animal studies.
- Protein and RNA extract from mouse tissues and mammalian cells
- Mammalian tissues culture
- siRNA transfection in vivo and in vitro
- Real time RT-PCR
- Western blot
- DNA cloning and plasmid purification
- Perform animal studies including diabetic animal model generation and treatment
- Animal tissue collection
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Regionally accredited undergraduate degree (B.A., B.S.) required in Biological Sciences or related filed. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a research technician
- Strong background in biochemistry and/or molecular biology.
- Familiar with molecular biology techniques/science including extraction of DNA, RNA and protein, Western blots, cell culture techniques, immunohistochemistry, and instrumentation.
- Ability to follow protocol performing experiments.
- Ability to perform animal work
- Capability to work independently.
- Knowledge of optics and microscopy is a plus but not essential
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
For more information and to apply, https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/3978
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer