Research Scientist - Veesler lab
The Veesler lab at the University of Washington (Seattle) is a leader for the study of pathogen entry into cells and host immune responses using innovative structural, biophysical and immunological approaches.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated scientist with experience in B cell studies to join our team in a newly created position. The successful candidate will develop a monoclonal antibody discovery program by establishing single B cell sorting approaches by implementing and continuously adapting dedicated workflows. Monoclonal antibodies will be cloned after flow-cytometry sorting of memory B cells or plasma cells resulting from either vaccination of mice, non-human primates and humans or from samples derived from infected animals and humans. The resulting monoclonal antibodies will be characterized by ELISA, biolayer interferometry, and neutralization assays to validate their specificities and properties. Studies will also include analysis of effector functions, antibody ontogeny and ELISPOT of B cells or plasma cells. Work will be done both independently and as a team with other lab members including graduate students, post-docs, and research scientists, while providing technical assistance with ongoing projects. This position provides a unique opportunity to contribute to transformative fundamental and translational research.
Applicants must have i) a Ph.D. in immunology or related field; and (ii) a track record of using single B cell antibody discovery technologies. An ideal candidate will have experience in several of the following areas:
- Application of single B-cell technologies to monitor binding and functional activity of pathogen-specific antibodies.
- Demonstrated expertise in FACS-based selection and sorting of immune cells.
- Application of high throughput CRISPR-based cell library screens
- Proficiency in experimental assay design and development
- Experience in immunization-strategies for antibody discovery and a deep understanding of humoral immunity.
- The ability to define project goals, timelines and resource requirements.
- Outstanding book-keeping abilities
Apply for Research Scientist - Veesler lab
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly