Postdoctoral Fellow/Early Age Immune Responses to Vaccines
Organization: Laboratory of Bacterial Polysaccharides, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research of the US FDA (CBER/FDA).
Background: ORISE fellowship position is available to study the immunobiological mechanisms responsible for the suboptimal vaccine responses in early age. The goal of these studies is to improve the efficacies of pediatric vaccines using adjuvants targeting the pathways responsible for the blunted immune responses. We are using neonatal mice from immunocompetent as well as various transgenic mice to dissect the steps involved in the activation of innate cells as well as the generation of follicular helper T (Tfh) cells and germinal center B cells in response to vaccines.
- Doctoral degree in immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry or a related discipline, received within the last five years (Qualified candidates with master’s degree will also be considered)
- Excellent command of multi-color flow cytometry and standard immunology techniques including aseptic tissue processing and cell culture
- Previous mouse handling experience is a must
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Publication record in peer-reviewed journals
Location/Facilities: The laboratory, located on the White Oak Campus in building 52/72, is equipped with standard immunology, biochemistry and molecular biology equipments. CBER core facilities include Flow cytometry, Microscopy and Imaging, NextGen sequencing, Oligonucleotide synthesis, Peptide synthesis, Mass spectrometry analysis, among others.
Eligibility: This position will be appointed initially for 1 year with the potential for renewal. Candidates must be within 5 years of receiving their highest degree and must have lived in the U.S. for a minimum of 3 of the last 5 years. Stipends correspond roughly to U.S. government GS scales, are commensurate with education and experience, and include an allowance for mandatory health insurance.
How to apply: Qualified candidates should send curriculum vitae and a list of 3 references with contact information to Mustafa Akkoyunlu, Mustafa.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow/Early Age Immune Responses to Vaccines
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly