Postdoctoral Appointee – Quantum Simulation with Single-Electron Qubits
The Center for Nanoscale Materials (CNM) at Argonne National Laboratory is seeking a postdoctoral researcher on the topic of “Quantum simulation with single-electron qubits”. This program aims to couple multiple single-electron qubits through superconducting quantum circuits and perform scalable quantum simulation in the long term.
The research work will be primarily experimental, with emphasis on superconducting device design, fabrication, and cryogenic (millikelvin) measurement. Device fabrication will be performed in CNM’s state-of-the-art cleanroom, and cryogenic measurement will be performed in CNM’s Quantum Matter and Device Lab, which hosts a 10mK dilution refrigerator system and various microwave electronics.
The successful candidate will become part of a highly vibrant team and actively interact with staff scientists across groups, as well as external collaborators, in particular from University of Chicago and Princeton University. The candidate should have a background in experimental quantum physics and engineering. Programming skills at the hardware level to control microwave measurements, and at the software level to perform quantum dynamics calculations are highly desirable.
This position is funded and renewable up to three years.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in electronic/optical device fabrication
- Experience in microwave device measurement
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Experience in superconducting Josephson-junction qubits and/or semiconductor quantum-dot qubits
- Experience in electrodynamic simulation and microwave/optical device design
- Experience in cryogenic operation
- Knowledge and good understanding of quantum information science
The position is available with a starting date no later than August 1, 2021. U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is not required. Interested candidates can apply by searching for req #410014 at https://www.anl.gov/hr/postdoctoral-applicants and send a curriculum vitae to Dr. Dafei Jin (email@example.com).