“We are seeking a visionary and strong academic physician leader as the next Chief of the Division of Infectious Disease at the University of Rochester Medical Center. Considerable resources are available for the new Division Chief to recruit new clinical and research faculty. The successful candidate will be asked to develop new programs that will build on and complement the division’s current research efforts including vaccine biology, HIV, respiratory pathogens, antimicrobial resistance, and the microbiome. The Chief will also have the opportunity to expand our clinical programs with the goal of better meeting the infectious disease needs of our multi-hospital heath system.”
-Dr. Ruth O’Regan, Chair, Department of Medicine
Lead a large academic division with a multimillion-dollar research program and academic clinical practice that spans two major teaching hospitals, including Strong Memorial, and four regional affiliated hospitals.
We are seeking an MD or MD/Ph.D. with a track record of excellence in teaching, research, and mentoring of faculty. The applicant should be clinically active in Infectious Diseases (ID) with ABIM certification. Ideal candidate should be a clinician or clinician-scientist with excellent leadership skills and an effective communicator. We seek candidates that can build upon an already successful division.
Candidates with current extramural funding, are preferred, but not required. A generous startup package is available to support the recruitment of the Chief and additional research and clinical faculty members.
THRIVING, MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR RESEARCH PROGRAM
This is an exciting opportunity to step in to lead an established, historic, academic practice. The Division of Infectious Diseases has been at the forefront of clinical and translational research with a rich history of vaccine research. The research portfolios include major well-funded research programs in HIV, RSV, Influenza, coronavirus, and other bacterial and viral respiratory pathogens with a focus on vaccine development, clinical trials, and translational research.
Their research efforts have developed in the context of an extraordinarily productive, collaborative relationship with investigators in the Center for Vaccine Biology and Immunology (CVBI), the Department of Microbiology and Immunology, and the Division of Allergy, Immunology, and Rheumatology. The institutional commitment to research in ID and immunology is reflected by the recently commissioned Translational Immunology and Infectious Disease Institute.
- Lead the clinical practice, the academic enterprise, and the research programs of this large Division.
- Advance various multidisciplinary initiatives across the school and throughout the hospital and hospital partners.
- Lead a faculty group (currently 20) located in an 886-bed tertiary care teaching hospital, Strong Memorial.
- Advance institutional goals in recruitment and retention of under-represented groups and ensure a healthy welcoming workplace for faculty, trainees, and staff of the division.
- The Division provides full-spectrum care including transplant infectious diseases services.
- ACGME accredited two-year fellowship program with 3 fellows per year.
- Division is home to an active outpatient practice including supervision of approximately 600 patients on Outpatient Parenteral Antibiotic Therapy (OPAT) and operates a PCMH practice for approximately 1,000 persons with HIV at the NYSDOH designated AIDS Center.
- Rochester is located on the southern shore of Lake Ontario, just north of the beautiful Finger Lakes region of Upstate New York. Rochester is a stimulating and progressive metropolitan community of 1.1 million people.
- Stress-free living, including affordable housing, easy commutes, and highly ranked public schools
- Rochester’s cultural district features the Eastman School of Music, The Memorial Art Gallery, and several other museums, theaters, studios, shops, restaurants, and more
- Over 100 wineries, breweries, and distilleries
- Camping and water sports of all kinds, as well as downhill and cross-country skiing
- Driving distance to Niagara Falls and Letchworth State Park - the Grand Canyon of the East
The University of Rochester values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law. We welcome applications from candidates who share our commitment of fostering a culture of fairness and inclusion.
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Allison Morton at email@example.com or at 866-406-0269 and reference CID-95370