Sr. Manager, Medical Affairs Research, Oncology
Sr. Manager, Medical Affairs Research, Oncology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr. Manager, Medical Affairs Research (Oncology)
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them.
By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead is hiring a Sr. Manager/Associate Director level experienced, well organized professional, who will develop, implement and manage observational research strategies and tactics to demonstrate the value of pipeline and inline products in Oncology. This position is located at our Headquarters in Foster City, CA.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Support development of Medical Affairs Observational Research (MAR) plans and strategic approach for generating required evidence and research output necessary to support Medical Plan of Action (POA) plans.
- Research activities in clinical trials, naturalistic prospective evaluations, retrospective database analyses, patient-reported outcomes research, and decision-analytic modeling.
- Provide high quality MAR technical and methodological support to cross-functional teams to effectively use clinical, economic, and humanistic data to enhance value propositions, product reimbursement, and formulary access.
- Collaborate with Commercial, Medical and other functions to evaluate emerging opportunities and threats, understand the competitive landscape, and develop value and pricing strategies that anticipate any barriers to access.
- Communicate and translate medical value massaging effectively and creatively in manuscripts, Congresses, dossiers, and appropriate communication tools for payers.
- Maintain knowledge of technical and methodological advances and trends to ensure best approaches are used in MAR studies and evaluations.
- Engage key experts and facilitate the building of relationships via collaboration on various projects.
- Provide support at advisory boards, educational programs, conferences and other external meetings.
- Work with Medical Scientists to understand payer concerns and needs and initiate customer-level research in collaboration with the team.
- Support development of Comparative Effectiveness Research plan for products to address comparative analyses, real-world outcomes, and important subpopulations.
- Work closely with Senior Director to establish best practices in MAR and coordinate effective interface and knowledge sharing across departments.
- Adhere to all applicable pharmaceutical codes, Office of Inspector General (OIG) guidelines, and Gilead policies.
- Exhibit Gilead's core values: integrity, teamwork, accountability, excellence and inclusion.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of medical affairs observational research (MAOR) (prospective studies, database analysis, PRO development and application).
- Knowledge of disease management.
- Ability to prepare MAR abstracts for conferences and experience drafting, reviewing, and editing manuscripts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills (including ability to network).
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including management of multiple priorities and resources.
- Proven track record of executing clearly defined goals and objectives.
- Affinity for a collaborative, team-oriented environment and approach; ability to network and partner with internal and external stakeholders, including medical thought-leaders, academic institutions, and key health technology assessment customers.
- Strong business skills/acumen; translation of scientific expertise and knowledge to achieve the identified business goals of the company.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
Education & Experience
- PhD OR Master\'s Degree and Six Years' Experience; OR Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, academia, and/or managed care experience.
- Experience in oncology strongly preferred.
- Experience in real-world evidence (RWE) generation.
- Experience in conducting medical affairs observational research (MAOR) studies.
- Experience in inflammation strongly preferred.
- Deep knowledge and prior working experience in fields of Gilead's areas of interest, especially RWD and PRO in oncology
- Strong methodological knowledge including retrospective and prospective study design and analysis, database assessment (including quality assurance metrics to ensure validity and robustness of the data elements) and analysis, advanced statistical methods needed for observational data, real world studies and/ or PRO development. Proven track record as demonstrated by publications in peer-review journals
- Aptitude for, and experience in, scientific dissemination of study outputs focused on internal and external stakeholders
- A comprehensive understanding of global healthcare systems is preferred
- Ability to travel (+/- 20%)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Manager--Medical-Affairs-Research--Oncology_R0020494-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency