Therapy Area Leader
Therapy Area Leader
The Therapy Area Leader (TAL) is a senior leadership position that is responsible for all aspects of the Company’s development assets directed toward complement therapeutics within our pipeline. These may include molecules just transitioning out of the Discovery Research phase, currently undergoing clinical trials, late-stage development, as well as in the post-marketing phase. The TAL develops and drives an integrated global product portfolio in consideration of short- and long-term objectives to rapidly deliver promising therapeutics. In addition, the TAL may serve as a Product Development Team Leader (PDTL) for one or more cross-functional product development teams (PDTs) responsible for the development of specific products through approval. In the PDTL role, you will be accountable for the execution of the integrated product plan to agreed scope, timelines, resources, and budget - ensuring that the PDT is cross-functionally integrated and strategically aligned.
Good things are happening at Omeros!
Come join our Omeros Non-Clinical Team!
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market and orphan indications targeting inflammation, complement-mediated diseases, disorders of the central nervous system and immune-related diseases, including cancers. In addition to its commercial product OMIDRIA (phenylephrine and ketorolac intraocular solution) 1%/0.3%, Omeros has multiple phase 3 and phase 2 clinical-stage development programs focused on complement-mediated disorders and substance abuse. Omeros also has a diverse group of preclinical programs including GPR174, a novel target in immuno-oncology that modulates a new cancer immunity axis recently discovered by Omeros. Small-molecule inhibitors of GPR174 are part of Omeros’ proprietary G proteincoupled receptor (GPCR) platform through which it controls 54 new GPCR drug targets and their corresponding compounds. The company also exclusively possesses a novel antibody-generating platform.
What are your job responsibilities?
- Therapy Area leadership mapping out a cohesive, integrated strategy for multiple therapeutics in our complement franchise in conjunction with Department Heads and Executive Leadership
- Accountable for the execution of the global integrated development plan for multiple assets, proactively identifying development issues as well as competitive intelligence within the complement space
- Ownership of global cross-functional PDTs for molecules in various stages of development, from candidate selection through NDA/BLA approval
- In cooperation with the assigned Program Manager, lead PDT to create strategic and integrated brand/product development plans that are aligned with business objectives as well as emerging project and competitive information
- Accountable for the execution of the integrated product plan to agreed scope, timelines, and budget
- Supervises project plan development and tracking by Program Manager, and effectively manages, mitigates, and communicates risks
- Accountable for ensuring that the PDT is cross-functionally integrated and strategically aligned, and represents the PDT at governance meetings
- Contributes to alliance management through effective partner communications and contract negotiations as appropriate
- Works with company leadership to build systems, processes, and tools to facilitate business planning and decision making, and to grow streamlined product leadership management capabilities
- This position may involve direct supervision of more junior personnel
What education and experience do you need?
- Graduate degree such as an MD, PharmD, or PhD in a scientific or medical discipline with a minimum of 10 - 15 years pharma/biotech industry experience in drug development, including specific responsibility for leading cross-functional teams
- Recognized as a subject matter expert regarding requirements for worldwide drug regulatory approval for biologics as well as small molecules; a track record of successful regulatory filings
- Familiarity with phase-specific issues in drug development is essential, including experience in both early- and late-stage development, as well as post-marketing
- Previous experience successfully leading the development of project strategy and accountability for project plans, timelines, progress, and outcomes
- Ability to understand, review, and drive the strategy; selling ideas while guiding the team successfully through any pitfalls that come up
- Ability to quickly build a deep understanding of a therapy area, using your strong scientific background to survey the field and identify key takeaways that can then be adapted to the overall franchise strategy
- Strong organizational skills and a thorough understanding of project management, considerable capabilities in motivating without direct authority, and are comfortable leading in a matrix, fluid environment
- Ability to serve as a mentor and role model for less-experienced staff
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate strong cross-functional communications
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate vertically throughout the organization, demonstrated success in influencing colleagues and leaders in various departments
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships with management, peers, and subordinates
- Overnight travel may be required
Physical Demands Required:
- Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, or lifting up to 20 lbs.
- May encounter prolonged periods of sitting or standing
- This position requires working around hazardous materials
If you have the experience, skills and knowledge we are seeking, we’d love to hear from you! This is an exciting opportunity for the right person!
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000