Research Scientist, Process Development
Research Scientist, Process Development
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Research Scientist Process Chemistry - Foster City, CA
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead Sciences currently has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated scientist to join our Process Chemistry group in the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) organization. With your commitment and drive, you will be part of a cross-functional drug development team whose goal is to develop curative medicines helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. With state-of-the-art research facilities and a team of experienced scientists who are passionate about developing drugs, the Process Chemistry group at Gilead empowers every chemist to take part in the act of innovation. You will see the tangible results of your contributions in this dynamic workplace, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our science-focused pursuit of excellence and teamwork has resulted in break-through development of many life-changing novel marketed products that are benefiting millions of people. With a robust pipeline of drug candidates at every developmental stage at Gilead, you will have ample opportunities to make meaningful contribution to our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases. Gilead's core values of integrity, inclusion, teamwork, excellence, and accountability shape our culture and are the foundation of our future success. Challenge yourself and make a difference in the world - Make your mark here at Gilead.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Responsible for developing chemical processes for the manufacture of drug substances.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought in suggesting experimental design and strategy.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Propose alternative chemistry including new route selection and step optimization.
- Works in collaboration with more senior scientists or scientific directors to advance the development of economical, state-of-the-art techniques to isolate, characterize, purify and mass-produce substances.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variables, requiring regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Advise members of project teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation, considering economic, regulatory and safety factors.
- Make contributions to scientific literature and conferences through publication and presentation of research results.
- Maintain full working knowledge of state-of-the art principles and theories, applying such knowledge to the direction that supports Company interests.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate collaborative communication and problem solving spirit.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- PhD in Organic Chemistry (or related discipline), or MS degree with 9+ years of relevant experience, or BS degree with 11+ years of experience.
- Experience in planning and executing multi-step synthetic.
- Familiarity with modern purification and analytical techniques, including HPLC, LCMS and NMR.
- Well-versed in scientific literature searching software (SciFinder, Reaxys etc.)
- Strong desire to work in multi-disciplinary teams, learn new skills and proactively solve problems.
Please Provide Research Summary with Application
We're an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Scientist--Process-Development_R0020257
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency